Metro Sighting

The Greatest Van Ever Made!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu May 09, 2019 2:08 am

Metro Sighting

I live outside the mountain town of Taos in northern New Mexico. Yesterday I caught two brief glimpses of a Metro Van, one in Taos Canyon, the other in town in traffic. It looks like it has been converted to four wheel drive and might possibly be set up for adventure travel and camping. I'm wondering if it belongs to anyone who frequents this web site. I'd love to see it close up!
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu May 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Re: Metro Sighting

He wrote: I'd love to see it close up! So would I, but my mind might be off leash and wondering into a different place.
Metro vans are getting to be quite rare and so expensive. The food truck industry is buying them all up and cutting the Metros up to make them into street food trucks.
I had my focus on a rust free dual rear wheel Metro over on the West Side. It was a garage kept clean unit with a title. I bid on the Metro at $5000. The next offer was for $7000 and it sod for $10,000. I know where a retired SnapOn Metro is parked in Alberta.
Attachments
Metro 4.jpeg
Matro 1.jpeg
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu May 09, 2019 8:26 pm

https://roswell.craigslist.org/cto/d/ru ... 33699.html

They turn up here fairly rust free often enough and sometimes for an affordable price. Maybe one of these days I can pick one up. I really like the idea of an RV conversion. I met a guy with a nice old DIVCO that had been done like that, he sold custom leather clothes and drove all over the west in the summertime going to craft fairs to sell his goods.
56 S120 4x4,

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:27 pm

Nice looking Divco up for auction on GovDeals under classic car section. They remind me of a Metro but would rather have an original classic Metro!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:28 am

Sightings of Metro's ,,,,,,, there is one just down the road from me here in Clifton Va. , any one here on the site ??

Return to Metro