hotrod or not

Early 50's IHC hot rods

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:14 am

Re: hotrod or not

thanks, I checked out the site and they have his truck there as well, hopefully he can chime in more on ordering this kit as well what else may needed to be done for the install such as set up specs as I would most likely have to get her tuned to work correctly and I know of a hot rod shop locally that could but could use his insight on such matter. :mrgreen:

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:49 am

Here is the link to the vendor who maks the turbo systems, 16 or 17 hundred is the cost. A person must be mechanical minded to do something like this. Info Only, You may want to research and do some reading about the project, It is an old school draw thru type system.
If you have any ?s send a PM.
Also, here is the unit as it was delivered

http://www.keystoneturbollc.com/
Attachments
kevinsturbo.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:53 pm

cornbinder89 wrote:Kevin,
Whats you take on the 2bbl vs 1bbl? From what i've read turbo's do well with less carb then N/A. The smaller carb giveing better meetering over the band and the restriction not being as big a factor with forced intake. You, have run both, what do you feel?

CB89, I think you are corect, I am opting to go back to a 1bbl, has an adjusting jet, looks just like a 1904 with bigger flow, will get it next week, will update you when installed. These are made with 20% alcy in mind, with is to common. If you want to talk carbs, talk to Ron at Daytona Carbs. My understanding is Holley stoped making 1904s in 1979, if my memory is rite. INFO ONLY------------The Carter BBD 2 BBL metering bars and jets are to high price wise, might as well get an up to date carb. My opinion

http://daytonaparts.com/universal-repla ... retor.html

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:46 am

so what kind of power output are we looking at with this kit?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:01 am

INFO & MY OPINION ONLY. I would think the minimum HP gain at 50% the way it is tuned now. With a new one bbl with adjustable hi speed jet, installed this week, this new carb is new and operates better than the last 2 carbs I have had. Oh the Hi speed jet setting, turbo or not, the magic number is 13.7-1 fuel/air/ratio. I would recomend a rebuilt engine and changing the gear ratio, depending what you are doing with the truck. If you do deside to go with one, I can help out like I did with a guy in Iowa who did go with the turbo system. I am going to get together with Mr. Hatfield, take him for a spin and get another opinon.
I will be at the MSRA thru Sunday.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:52 pm

kevin wrote:I will be at the MSRA thru Sunday.

Unfortunately, I don't think I will be there.
I'll let you know if I am going.
That storm last night made a mess of my yard. Spent about 6hrs. on clean-up.
My body is toast...

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:34 am

Jim, I saw on the news your area got hit by the storm, if nothing else I can come up in a weekend or two if you are going to be around.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:56 am

kevin wrote:Jim, I saw on the news your area got hit by the storm, if nothing else I can come up in a weekend or two if you are going to be around.
It wasn't as bad here as it was 3 miles north of us.
Kevin, I'm retired and almost always at home.
Email me your phone number and I will call you as soon as I know what I am doing re: MSRA

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:44 am

cold air added.
Attachments
cold air intake 001.JPG

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:40 pm

So that Daytona universal carb seems to work well with the suck-through turbo setup?
PreviousNext

Return to Early Fifties Hot Rods