Help Finding Owner of This Truck

The old and reliable.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:41 am

Help Finding Owner of This Truck

Greetings - New member here, hoping to acquire an IH soon . . .

I'm trying to contact the owner of this truck - hopefully someone recognizes it and can help

The truck is currently for sale through Gateway Motors - my only comment about that situation is if you can avoid them as either a seller or buyer stay away, far away . . .

Unfortunately the truck has got her hooks in me a little, and I would love to pursue a possible purchase.

If you know the owner, or know of him, please forward my contact information

Thank you

Gregg Morrison
215-272-4407
LostDeere59@hotmail.com
Attachments
KB7Gateway.jpg
Professional automotive tech, Volunteer firefighter.

1956 S-120 4wd pick-up

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:53 pm

Re: Help Finding Owner of This Truck

Nice looking K-7, I can be no help on the seller, but if you like the K-7's they are common out west. I own two, one came from Wyoming and the other I bought in Oregon. I know of an un-touched grain truck (K-7) out in Mocacine, MT They are real common to find, there were many built and many are still around.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:03 pm

I have seen this model in Diamonds in the Rough, in this forum. This model was very popular in Western Canada and in particular in Saskatchewan. Look in KIJIII is not unlike Craigslist. Unlike Craigslist, KIJIJI is the more popular in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
I think this truck has an asking price of $29,000usd.
I right clicked the picture provided and I got a bunch of information off the internet.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:08 pm

What makes you think the original owner has any control over this truck, at this point. It is very likely this reseller has a contract and they are not likely to give up control.
There are resellers in this area. It is common for a reseller to have a contract with the owner. If the owner takes his vehicle back and then sells it within a specified time, there will be costs owed to the reseller. Check this out.
I do not think the asking price is too much out-of-line.
Old IHC trucks have gone way up in asking price since I got involved 30 years ago.
EXAMPLES: I have owned fourteen 1952 and 1953 pickups and never paid more than a few hundred dollars for any of them. More than half of the fourteen IHC were free. On many occasions, when I was driving my R120, persons would ask me if I was interested in another Old Binder. I paid more in towing fees to MUNDIES than I did for all of the trucks.
I have two complete trucks, in parts, and enough spare parts for another half truck. All of the cabs are twin-window. The crewcab will become a twin-window.
The most costly IHC I bought was my 1953 "R" Crewcab. It was $1500 to the seller plus $500 for delivery. Add to this the cost of two nights in a hotel and meals, and fuel for my R120. I paid another $96 to have a Mundies roll-back set it in my carport.
Buying an Old IHC, in Canada, for a foreigner is complicate at the moment. Covid19 has changed so many things.
The good news, for Americans, is a US dollar buys about $1.50 Canadian.. This like getting a 33% discount.
Attachments
a83fa344-44dc-42d3-9155-d19fc8b83e1d.jpg
a83fa344-44dc-42d3-9155-d19fc8b83e1d.jpg (24.58 KiB) Viewed 3468 times
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:17 am

Nikki posted this , its a site that has a few kb 's

http://classiccardb.com/international-h ... ition.html

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:57 pm

It's on the door of the truck.
American Road Equipment Co Inc
4201 N 26th St
Omaha, NE 68111
(402) 451-2575

And it's on Hemmings for $19,500. https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/international/unspecified/2331422.html

Return to K and KB