Firewall harnness clip

The old and reliable.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:58 pm

Firewall harnness clip

Anyone know of a source for the firewall clips that support the harness and go into the oblong holes. On mine the little hold down clips on back are broken...
FYI Have an email into restoration spec, to ask them as well. Thanks.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:52 pm

Re: Firewall harnness clip

There is little to no chance that OLD IHC made that clip. Try looking in the AUVECO catalogue. AUVECO have been the supplier to the automotive builder's industry for about a 100 years
I found this information with GOOGLE.
https://www.auveco.com/
https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Compl ... talogs.htm
https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/wire- ... s-s/78.htm
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:17 pm

Great! Thank you sir.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:58 pm

Did you find the clip you wanted of did you find an acceptable substitute?
If you lived close, I would tell you to stop over and help yourself. I went to meet a Craigslist seller. I wanted the metal storage cabinet/drawers he was offering. The drawers were filled with several thousand clips and special fasteners. The seller wanted to toss the contents in the garbage. I took everything as it was. I was still looking for a few empty storage containers, after.
I attached a picture of the IHC door clips a person will need to fasten the OEM armrest to the door. Be very careful when you remove the clips. You will need 4 clips for two armrests. I have three clips. The fourth is out there, somewhere.
Attachments
parts drawers 2.jpg
parts drawers 4.jpg
parts drawers 5.jpg
ARMREST CLIPS 2.jpg
IHC armrest door clips. (rare)
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:26 am

They made an arm rest ??? Never seen one on KB. Cool box and nice score one the stuff inside.

No...I'm kinda in a holding pattern. Have a new Harness from Brillman's, but the fitment was bad. 3 regulator wires were in the wrong place and the harness was kinda ziggin like an "S" and clips were going to have to be placed cupping horizontally instead of vertically. I placed a call to them and they were more than happy to make me a whole new one.
Here's a pic of the clip I need.
DSC_0170-min.JPG

I tried making the back of the clip by using a small flat punch, to punch out the little tab thingy's on some stainless but that looked like crap and too hard to do with a real metal punch. I'll prob just make some without the clip tabs on back. I'll just drill a hole in clip and screw it into a speed clip on back. And just recreate the cup.

Side note, put in my beautiful new gauges in and was able to cap it off with a nice repair on my high beam indicator. The little jewel that was inside was long gone, so I snagged some of my wife jewelry and found a perfect gem with correct color to fit in there. Needed to make it smaller and thought it was plastic and put in in the vise to cut and "Boom" it exploded.
The thing was glass! And when I looked at the vise it was gone, but glanced over on the bench there was a perfect size piece! It just need a little sanding at base to fit. It looks cool I'll try to get a pic later. Dumb luck...

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:47 am

It's the little things...I made my high beam warning light out of a blue light lens I found. Some fitting later and worked out great.
DSCN2819.JPG
DSCN2827.JPG
DSCN2831.JPG

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:07 pm

Like the blue, cool. I did amber.
DSC_0230-min.JPG

DSC_0222-min.JPG

Also made a sweet seat adjustment handle, mine was gone. Boiled water and melted these plastic clear beads and add black beads mold together after melting then sanded and dipped in rubber dip. Worked like a champ.
DSC_0235-min.JPG

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:12 pm

Wylie wrote:I did amber.
DSC_0230-min.JPG

DSC_0222-min.JPG

Also made a sweet seat adjustment handle, mine was gone. Boiled water and melted these plastic clear beads and add black beads mold together after melting then sanded and dipped in rubber dip. Worked like a champ.
DSC_0235-min.JPG

That handle is awesome! How did you melt them together in water??

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:34 pm

I used this stuff here. You can find online. I found it a while back had to replicate a plastic part for work. Stuff is great, all you do is drop in a scoop of the plastic beads in the boiling water and then add your extra colored beads, just a pinch. The white beads start to melt and turn clear, (colored ones stay their color). After 30-40 seconds it groups together, grab it with a fork and mold it mix in the color evenly (do this well because if you don't it will look fine on outside, but if you sand some away you will get a "tie die" looking mix of color and clear. Then just mold it to close of the shape you want. Then throw it in the frig to cool (for fast cooling) Does'nt take long.
Also if it gets hard while your working it, just throw it back in the hot water and it will soften up again.

I just made a rough shape stuck it on the end of a "chopstick" then fine tuned it on the belt sander.(turning the stick while it cooled so it wouldn't stick to chopstick, then drilled to correct size.) Mine got tie die looking because i didn't mix enough (had forgot that step, been too long) But just ended up rubber dipping to get a solid black. But it works.. You would really have to sand all the way to 3000 grit prob to get the plastic to shine light baklite... Haven't tried that. Basically great for making knobs and what not.
DSC_0236-min.JPG

DSC_0237-min.JPG

DSC_0238-min.JPG

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:54 pm

Wylie wrote:I used this stuff here. You can find online. I found it a while back had to replicate a plastic part for work. Stuff is great, all you do is drop in a scoop of the plastic beads in the boiling water and then add your extra colored beads, just a pinch. The white beads start to melt and turn clear, (colored ones stay their color). After 30-40 seconds it groups together, grab it with a fork and mold it mix in the color evenly (do this well because if you don't it will look fine on outside, but if you sand some away you will get a "tie die" looking mix of color and clear. Then just mold it to close of the shape you want. Then throw it in the frig to cool (for fast cooling) Does'nt take long.
Also if it gets hard while your working it, just throw it back in the hot water and it will soften up again.

I just made a rough shape stuck it on the end of a "chopstick" then fine tuned it on the belt sander.(turning the stick while it cooled so it wouldn't stick to chopstick, then drilled to correct size.) Mine got tie die looking because i didn't mix enough (had forgot that step, been too long) But just ended up rubber dipping to get a solid black. But it works.. You would really have to sand all the way to 3000 grit prob to get the plastic to shine light baklite... Haven't tried that. Basically great for making knobs and what not.
DSC_0236-min.JPG

DSC_0237-min.JPG

DSC_0238-min.JPG

I like it! I'll think of something I can make, for sure, lol. :m03104:
Next

Return to K and KB