WHATS IN YOUR TOOL BOX?

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:37 pm

Re: WHATS IN YOUR TOOL BOX?

I have three of these machinist tool boxes, now, I sold a fourth Kennedy 250 . The machinist boxes are identical, except for the cabinet name. I kept a SEARS and a BEACH. Kennedy 250, like SnapOn, command more than double the price. All of these machinist tool boxes were made in Canada by Beach. While I would like to keep a Kennedy just for the bragging rights that go with it, the temptation of what it can sell for may persuade me to put it on Craigslist in the near future. My Beach/Kennedy is next to my drafting table and is full of drafting tools. mechanical pencils and other Staedtler. I have had my Hamilton Drafting table since about 1965. I gave one big drafting table to my son, my daughter has claimed the Hamilton and I sold off six other tables that I "got-a-deal" on.
I did offer my daughter the choice of any toolbox for her electronics. She is thinking that she would rather have something lighter from PLANO. I may gift one to friend.
The bigger red BEACH will likely be a keeper and displace another lesser toolbox or two. I have 13 toolboxes not including another 10 small boxes with single handles on the lid. While some of these small toolboxes are empty and not worth anything more than a buck or two. I often give one of these small boxes away as a surprise bonus when someone buys something else. I like to use these small hand held boxes for tools specific to some machine. One smaller top handle Beach box has British Standard Witworth sockets and wrenches. I keep Witworth for our British Ruston Hornsby single cylinder Diesel. https://youtu.be/DQu-Nvf6Qo8
I like to buy, own and then sell tools. Sometimes I make a few bucks for the tool account. Mostly, I like the mental exercise that goes with bargaining. I have made some lasting frienships and met some interesting persons. I have bought tools from naked women, twice, I have had a gun pulled on me a couple of times and one time the police showed up because my son called them when the deal turned into a robbery.
I have two Cummins engines from CL buys. Maybe 8 of the 14 R&L IHC pickups that passed this way came from CL.
The world of Craigslist is full of adventure. I may end up dead if a deal turns bad, but look at the fun I have had getting to where I am.

https://youtu.be/_U5M6eIQpZk
Attachments
CUMMINS 4BTA.jpg
4bta pile of dirty parts from CL
CUMMINS 24 VALVE BRINGING IT HOME.jpg
This was the last trip for my R120. Bring home a 24 valve 5.9
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:18 am

look what I got for Christmas!

FB_IMG_1545306912181.jpg
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:31 am

Does that mean hook them up to your teeth to make them blue? Why ever would you need blue teeth?
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:05 pm

Marking my toolbox. I feel a little like a dog after "lifting my arm" and decorating.
I have decided to make this one a keeper.
I will be putting a few machinist tool boxes on CL, next year.
I do not like stickers, so, everything is on magnetic sheet, like fridge magnets.
Attachments
BEACH BADGE.jpg
kennedy 2.jpg
BEACH ON BENCH 3.jpg
marking my stuff

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:39 pm

I have had FLUKE 75 multi-meter for decades. I also have an OTC 100 multi-meter. Neither one had the min/max function. I need/want this function for diagnosing an ongoing situation
I did the right thing and called around to the local brick and mortar retailers. the best price I could get on an OTC, 750 with the min/max function was over $500. One store did not have one in stock and they offered three day wait and a deposit in advance of the order.
I opened AMAZON and placed my order. The price is $237, free shipping and two day delivery. I always check Amazon second. The Amazon price is not always the lowest, but, the to-the-door service can be worth a small increase in price. My drive to and return time, from the retailer, is about 3 hours, mid-day. I do not like dealing with the all-day rush hour.
Watch for a vintage FLUKE multi-meter, with case, on CL. Fluke is made in Washington State. I have had this Fluke for 2 decades +.
OTC is a GERMAN/AMERICAN BOSCH company. This gives me confidence.
You Tube has several videos that explain the min/max function. I found this vintage ruler/yard stick while I was rummaging around the shop. There are 16 evenly spaced 3/8" holes in the yardstick. I would bet CB89 knows what the holes are for.
Attachments
PROMOTIONAL RULLER 2.jpg
PROMOTIONAL RULLER 1.jpg
OTC 100.jpg
FLUKE 75.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:27 pm

My new 750 OTC multimeter arrived today at 15:32h. We discovered it on the porch at 18;25h. The package was under a sign asking the delivery person to knock loudly, we are at home. I am lucky that some porch pirate did not beat me to it.
The multimeter is a good looking unit and it feels good in my hands. The really dumb thing is the "fitted" nylon case, it came with, is not big enough to hold the accessories and the meter. I usually buy small leather hand-bags at garage sales just for these situations. I have a nice leather Italian made hand-bag that looks like it was made for this meter. The meter and accessories fit perfectly.
Attachments
OTC 750.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:37 pm

Plus you'll look sheik carrying it!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:48 pm

My mother used to say, "you cannot turn a sows ear into a silk purse. I find your comment interesting.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:57 pm

These:

For this:

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:28 pm

The knock on the door and the delivery I was waiting for just happened, three minutes ago. The American Rotary phase converter I ordered arrived. The next pleasant surprise was, THE PACKAGE WAS NOT DAMAGED. The deliver driver may have not seen the 5 FRAGILE tags and missed his opportunity to take up the challenge of how much abuse can this package take.
Attachments
AMERICAN ROTARY PHASE CONVERTER.jpg
American Rotary phase converter
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion