Ride of the week

Back in the day....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:52 pm

Ride of the week

Hi,
Just something I thought might be fun is if this site was to feature, perhaps as a stickie, a "Ride of the Week" or a "Ride of the Month" picture. It need not be a calendar perfect picture, just any somewhat unique IH truck or vehicle, preferably one that was posted in this forum at one time or another. Or perhaps people can submit a picture of their own vehicle or nominate/submit someone else's. No voting or anything like that, just whatever picture that the moderator chooses - even if it's a partially disassembled vehicle in someone's garage. Just thought it might be something to then look forward to.
Just an idea.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Ride of the week

Not a bad idea, but I will not be the one to choose a picture. Have enough to do with the other things I have to handle.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:55 am

Are any of the files around from the old photo album? There were some decent pics there.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:10 am

Not that I know of. Those were areas that Jim took care of. I believe the files were corrupted. If someone has the tech ability and perhaps has an old Link, may be able to find some stuff.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:47 pm

lbesq wrote:Not that I know of. Those were areas that Jim took care of. I believe the files were corrupted. If someone has the tech ability and perhaps has an old Link, may be able to find some stuff.

The web pages are saved in the Wayback Machine, the internet's archive. But apparently the information about the pictures were saved, but not the actual pictures themselves. For example:

https://web.archive.org/web/20040818144 ... 25&thumb=1

But sometimes it does save pictures, but you have to go page by page to find them. Just google wayback machine, click on it, enter oldihc, choose a date then begin searching page by page. That's the only way I know, unless someone copied or saved the site or part of the site in a backup. Most internet server hosts do make regular backups, but they don't always let anyone else see them.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:14 pm

And speaking of the Wayback Machine, does anyone know whatever happened to Matt and his truck?

https://web.archive.org/web/20110727143 ... atts-truck

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:05 am

think there was an update about year and half ago by one of the members. Maybe John will see and comment. As for the way back machine, I do not have the time, but hope someone will..

Return to Stories, Tales, Games