59 Metro

Truck finds of all conditions OLD ADDS WILL BE REMOVED

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:07 pm

Re: 59 Metro

my dad had a Sears Allstate Motorcycle in the late 60s,
had dual tanks like a Harley except you put oil in one side, mixed oil and gas instead of premixing yourself,

He traded it straight a cross for a 1960 Fiat 500 car, car is worth a fortune now,,,,,if we still had it,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:54 pm

bedrockjon wrote: 1960 Fiat 500 car, car is worth a fortune now,,,,,if we still had it,

I had a Fiat 1500 Cabro, that looked like a Ferrari, sure wish I still had it. Disks in front, with aluminum drums with cast iron liner in back, cast iron tuned exhaust and 2 stage 2bbl hemi head. Had a spare engine also. Guy I sold it to raced it, not sure what happened after that.
It was a "gray market" car, bought in Italy and broght over when the oirgnal owner moved back to the states.
Attachments
Fiat 1500 Cabro.jpg
mine never looked this good, but similar

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:12 pm

J C Higgins were the bicycles sold by Sears. My first and only bicycle was a 26'' J C that I had to run along with one foot on the pedal and then throw my leg over to ride, the dismount was similar. It was a couple of years until I could sit on it and have my feet touch the ground. Dad didn't believe in starting out on a 20" then a 24" before going to a 26. I didn't complain, even then I knew times were tight and I was lucky to have a bike at all!
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:04 pm

My brother and I shared Raleigh girls bike. We bought that bike at Crown Lumber with money we got from bottles . That was 65 years ago. My parents had no money to pay for a bike.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive
Previous

Return to Diamonds in the Rough