WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR SHOP TODAY

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:04 pm

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR SHOP TODAY

My rodent trapping friend liked to add variety to his catch and kill. One of his systems used a high voltage electrocution system. It was tripped when the rodent passed a motion detector, as it fell into the bucket. He said the coil he used had the potential to make 100,000 volts. One of his trap situations involved about 40 Victor traps set end to end sand side to side. Some were baited, most were not. He told me the mice got caught and then moved around setting off other traps. I think he said he got 6 in one set-up.
I like to set my traps as close to the point of entry. I don't want the rodents to roam around looking for the bait and possible discover a place to stay.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:17 pm

I am trying to get out to the shop. My wife is blocking my going there. She thinks I might fall on the ice and end "it all". This is her big chance to get rid of me. She must care about me, OR, maybe she will miss having someone to crank on. LOL. I am trying to hang in there for the cinnamon buns and the apple pie, she makes.
I have to go to The Metal Supermarket for a piece of .125" cold rolled steel. I need a piece for a fitted table to for my ROTEX turret punch.
I figure a few passes with my Miller Plasma cutter I should have what I want.
I have had a few really good offers on the Rotex punch. I am tempted to let it go, but, I waited over 50 years to get a good deal, so, for now it is a semi-permanent resident.
Next week, I want to design and make a fold away bracket to mount my arbour press to the side of my hydraulic press frame.
Attachments
MANLEY ARBOUR PRESS 2.jpg
MANLEY ARBOUR PRESS 3.jpg
The WTF fridge magnet
PUNCH BASE CABINET.jpg
The table has to be fitted to the top of this frame
ROTEX CABINET.jpg
I want a table/top like this
September apple pie 2018.jpg
apple pie
CINNAMON ROLLS..jpg
cinnamon buns

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:45 pm

Your photos of the cinnamon buns and apples pie - YUM has me reminiscing,
reminds me of a vendor we use to use called RUDD lighting in Wisconsin with every order they would send
a Danish , not just the run of the mill pastry , this pastry shipped fresh direct in a pizza size box
we would kid around about what we did in the shop that day..
I need to place another order with them soon..
You have a nice setup there in you shop and a sounds like a good women in the kitchen ( all around women I would guess )

Be safe- sm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:04 pm

My wife was The manager of Corporate Safety for a large company. I was on the safety committee where I worked. My son is on the safety committee where he works.
I am big on safety. Now that I'm retired I work safely in my shop. This includes safe build on vehicles. I keep a drawer filled with safety glasses and hearing protection.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:19 pm

Very good to play to safe.
Got me a pair of YakTraxs today. excellent should of got a pair years ago..
Easy to use so no excuse to not..

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:28 pm

I am not allowed to go to the garage this week and maybe next week. The doctor wants me to stay in the house and take it easy until Saturday. I am off my Coumadin medication until the weekend. There will be more testing next week.
I am on blood thinners to control a serious situation. I was prescribed a too high dose of Coumadin.(aka warfarin) My INR (blood viscosity) should be between 2.0 and 3.0. I tested at 5.6 on Tuesday. The fear is an elevated risk from cut or bruise could cause bleeding or hemorrhaging that may not be possible to stop.
Getting old can be a PITA.
There used to be 23 of us that rode together. I am 1 of three remaining. Number 2 lost most of his hearing and number three had another heart-attack. The other 20 friends died in motorcycle crashes or natural old age causes. The wife of number 2 has cancer.
The last one standing gets NOTHING. My Dad used to say, "If you live long enough, you will not have any friends left."
One of my wife's friends died yesterday. She was in extreme pain from a terminal a cancer condition. She chose the option of assisted end of life. After saying goodbye to her friends and family yesterday, she became a pleasant memory, just after lunch. She was 80 and had a good long life and was respected by friends and family.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:52 pm

Good idea to stay out of the shop. I to am on Coumadin, tested this morning at 2.3. Doctors claim I will be off it soon and I hope they are correct. I keep a container of blood stop powder in the shop, got it at the vet supply. I had to use it a couple times and it works good. In a pinch a handfull of cobwebs are a dandy coagulant.

PITA is correct, losing friends at an alarming rate. My Dad was a last man standing at 94. I once asked him what he had been up to lately, his reply " getting fat on funeral food."

I applaud your wife's friend for checking out on her own terms and with dignity.

My Mother died of ALS at age 86, she couldn't move for about 18 months before she passed, she planned her own funeral, picked out the pictures for the picture boards, the food, her dress, the songs and all the details. It took great strength to do that and she seemed to take it in stride.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:15 pm

The new battery went dead in my 1940 Ford. I had/have it on a Battery Tender. There was a quiet clicking noise coming from the 12 volt clock. I tried the satellite locater and remote door and trunk opener and there was no response. My son used the manual trunk release so we could hook up a big kick a$$ battery charger. In seconds everything came to life. I had failed to turn off the remote operated power relay. It took a few months to drag the battery down. If this battery does not charge and return to near normal, I will buy a new one. I cannot take warranty, if it is offered, for my screw-up. My OEM YUASA motorcycle lasted for 10+ years. If the bike was parked, it was on a Battery Tender. The worst battery I ever tried was an EXIDE. It lasted about two days, (2 days). I got it for a free trial.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:14 pm

I checked the battery in my Old Ford today. The battery has recovered and is holding a charge at 14 volts.
I got my $100 rototiller into the shop and I did a quick cable lube and general freeing things up. I like that MOOVIT in refillable pump spray bottles. This machine has a few functions that were seized or stiff. I did not expect very much for my $100. This is year two.
I cleaned the fuel tank with WD40. The pull-cord recoil is slow. This is a simple fix for MOOVIT.
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p6420008e

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:06 pm

My family surprised me with a pair of BOSE $500 wireless headphones. I am listening to Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. The sound is like I have never heard in my life. And there was not a dry eye at my desk. It must be the noise cancelling. I cannot hear my wife.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion