1300A near San Diego, not mine

Truck finds of all conditions OLD ADDS WILL BE REMOVED

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:49 pm

Re: 1300A near San Diego, not mine

Since you showed no picture of dual rears, it is up to you to prove otherwise. Also you didn't say it was ordered as a C and C, so with the pic's one would tend to believe it was a pick-up, few of which would have come with a 5 spd.
Information is king, if you withhold some you do so at your peril.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:44 pm

Well, I posted it as I thought other might find it interesting and to see if anyone here had ever built a pickup on a longer than normal chassis. My idea was to move the box rearward to get the axle/wheel well to line up and then build a box to fill the gap between the cab and the bed. Anyone?

Don't recall the shift handle being ivory, but for sure I put it through the 5 gears indicated on the knob. Forgot to try reverse though! Looks like I need a written checklist when test driving.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:28 pm

vintage- I think cb89 was replying to the post from Lunz, whom I assume is the owner of the truck, or the relative of the owner. The info in the CL ad made me wonder, as well, but you provided an extra amount of the story. Really cool to find an original owner vehicle from the 1960s and get that kind of info. My ideal truck is a cab/chassis with small flatbed, but in 4X4.

After seeing the LST, and that added safety package, I can't see how you could NOT buy it!!

Cool truck, indeed

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:43 pm

I was, thanks for making that clear.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:28 pm

So you guys know lots more than I do about these. I figured the "safety package" is the now 50 year old seat belts! Right? The line that I find amusing is the "sheet metal" with no other info. ???? The truck seems to be a fairly well-optioned vehicle?? Has the second gas tank in the shed with the dually rims.

Project work: the definition(s) is(are) sitting in my shop. I can't fit customer cars as mine take up all the shop space. I am still waffling, but told the seller (not the registered owner) I can not have another project, even though it is reg'ed and we drove it around on the older, square tires. It ran drove well enough, shifted better than I did, the rusty old slave for the clutch didn't leak (at least, not yet, ) ditto the brakes and Hydro-Vac, though the rears locked up waaaaaaaay to easily (rust in the drums?). Seems to have a leak in the power steering, might just be one of the lines (need to replace all) or the pump (which was empty), so a little sloppy on the steering. The adjuster nut on top of the steering box had a fair amount of threads showing.

Are the rams on the steering available or rebuildable? IIRC, there was one on each side.

I suppose new tires, run through new hydraulics/brakes and do it as an ugly driver/project needing some rust repair and paint. I've been looking for over a year, as there are not a lot of Binders floating around Los Angeles.
Previous

Return to Diamonds in the Rough