KB 1-5 Floormat

The old and reliable.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:08 am

KB 1-5 Floormat

Has anyone made a floor mat for a KB 1-5? I would like to make one as I don't like the idea of paying $200.00 + for one. Any advice on how to go about making one would be appreciated. Stickman 207

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:49 am

Re: KB 1-5 Floormat

I made mine from bulk rubber roll matting from Restoration Specialties . There were different profiles/types to choose from, I picked the ribbed style that resembled the old mat that was in the truck when I bought it. Been a while, but I think it came 36" wide so I measured door to door and got enough to reach. Used a heat gun to soften the mat so it would lay nice especially across the trans hump, scissors or tin snips to trim the excess. Removed gas pedal, cut a slit straight down then a round clearance hole for the brake/clutch pedals, left it a bit long at the top and tucked it behind the cardboard firewall cover. Not bad at all to do, just took my time. You could make a paper pattern first if you don't want to take a chance on making a bad cut.
Attachments
IMG_9792.jpg
Not the best pic but. . .

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:05 pm

I did the same thing with a thick soft rubber mat, cut a rough template then trimmed it like you said,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:14 am

Thanks for the advice. I think making a paper template first is the way i will go. Stickman 207

Return to K and KB