Oil Filter Lines

Forum designed for the D series and older

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:07 pm

Oil Filter Lines

First attempt at pics here.
I'm trying to find oil lines so I can put the filter back on. When I Google "oil line 1/8" all I get are turbo oil lines. Does anyone here know a part number I can use to order some

Edit: I guess pics don't work until I get a smaller file.
Both ends need to be 1/8" pipe so one has to have a swivel on it. About 12" or 14" should work

Thanks

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: Oil Filter Lines

Use "paint" or a similar program to "shrink" your pictures. They need to be around 500. I find that shrinking them around 40% in each direction generally works, then I save them in a "forums' folder so I still have the originals.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:48 pm

Did you get your oil lines figured out yet? I'm interested as I will be looking for some sometime this winter too...

"Cornelius" - The "Rolling Restoration" of a 1939 IHC D-2 Pickup - 113" WB
New Website - "Restoring Cornelius"

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:34 am

I went to a local hose shop and got some made, but not installed yet. Cost me about $28 with a company discount. They are not full on hydraulic hoses, but I told the dude what I was doing and he gave me hoses that will work. One end is straight pipe and one end has a pipe swivel on it. I have not installed them yet and this days off is looking busy already.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:50 am

Interesting - hope they work well for you.

Thanks!

"Cornelius" - The "Rolling Restoration" of a 1939 IHC D-2 Pickup - 113" WB
New Website - "Restoring Cornelius"

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:46 pm

Jupes wrote:Interesting - hope they work well for you.

Thanks!

Well the lines fit and worked too well. As in I had no oil pressure. I got a new sock filter, cleaned the housing out good, and reassembled everything. Then when I started it I only had 5 lbs of oil pressure. I figured I'd rather have unfiltered oil in my bearing than none at all, so I just took the filter and hoses off. I'll just change the oil more often until I figure out how to restrict it enough to maintain oil pressure.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:04 am

I can tell you from what I have been told here on this forum. The "correct" canister itself has a build in restriction/valve that is supposed to keep this from happening. Which is why I request the OP in another thread to post a picture of the item he was referring to so a comparison could be made. Some canisters are build differently and may (over the years) make there way to our particular motors. I know I had one on my 265 chevy motor used back in 1955 because the original 265 didn't come equipped with a filter. Totally different than the one I picked up for my hd213. But it was still not correct. I finally found a vintage deluxe bypass filter that seems to be very very close to correct. I'm waiting for delivery now to see if it has any build in restrictions. I'll report back.

Return to 1940 and Older