Veteran's Christmas

Have you seen any movies, etc. that have had IHC trucks in it? If so, post a comment on it here. Like this: http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_728982-Int ... -1975.html

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Veteran's Christmas

This time of year my wife is always on me to watch Christmas movies with her on the Hallmark channel. Sunday night we watched A Veteran's Christmas. You can typically guess at the story line, but what I didn't expect to see is the main character driving around in a Scout throughout the movie. I don't know Scouts well enough but my guess is it was about a '78 or '79 and beautifully restored. I must say, I stayed awake through the whole movie just to get another glimpse.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Re: Veteran's Christmas

Years ago, there were a few Canadian Veterans going for coffee at McDonalds in New Westminster. I got to know one of them. He became a regular guest in our home. He was here for my 40 birthday and few thanksgiving dinners and a Christmas. Sadly he died and the McDonalds has since closed and moved to a different location. The coffee clutch has moved on. It has been thirty years, so most of the Vets will be dead.
My wife likes to surprise struggling shoppers by paying for their groceries.
I think it is time to look for another friend.
I refuse to watch any of those sucky movies.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Re: Veteran's Christmas

I won’t go into any commentary about Hallmark movies other than to say my wife enjoys them. Almost everything we watch has been DVR’d so I don’t see most shows at the time they’re aired. I did see the Scout and was totally impressed with how good it looked. I even considered taking some photos of it on TV just to post here, but I didn’t. I don’t think it was as new as a ‘78/‘79, because IHC’s Light Truck line ended during that time frame and the Scout Traveller series came along after the model in the show. I suspect the Scout on the show was from the early ‘70’s with the stock chrome wheels, paint scheme and general body shape. I’d vote for about 1971 model.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Return to In the Movies