Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: WHATS IN YOUR TOOL BOX?

Chasity belt emergencies?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:23 pm

Maybe. The buyer looked like he fell off the set of Game of Thrones.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:37 pm

I bought a12-Volt Max Li-Ion 9mm Inspection Camera with Wireless Screen (DCT411S1) for one job and now it sits on a shelf. I saw these on AMAZON for up to $700. I am going to put mine on a local Craigslist for $200. I will lose a few bucks. It is time to pass some more stuff along and this is on the growing hit list.
Attachments
DEWALT CAMERA.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:20 pm

https://youtu.be/MrCPLk2UR94
The first time I saw one of these turret punches was in first year trade school. That was in the early 1960s.
I made an offer to purchase one of these, today. The price for one of these turret punches has always been in the three to five thousand of dollar range. That kind of money was just to much to invest in a dust catcher, until today. The machine weighs 530 pounds.(240.4kg)
I am not sure where to park this punch, just yet. This will not be a deal breaker.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:37 pm

The deal is done. The seller had his shop foreman take the ROTEX punch off the included stand, and lag-bolt it top a new pallet. When I returned from the bank we were met at the shop big side door. My punch was on a forklift and ready to be loaded.
The 530 pounds of the punch machine plus about 100 pounds for the base made my Ram 2500 squat just a little. The ride home was much smoother than the trip out of town.
I had buyer's remorse for about 2.8 seconds, then I recovered. I have waited 55 years to have one of these turret punches. This is now off my bucket list.
I was searching for a good deal on Craigslist for a pneumatic tire forklift. This turret punch showed up. The seller had mentioned he has a forklift to assist with loading. Today, I am still looking for a forklift. My son made a bland comment, "Dad, maybe we should have bought the forklift first."
I found a rough looking and nice running propane fueled Toyota 2 ton, with pneumatic treaded tires. The price is right. I am going to make an offer, delivery included.
Attachments
PUNCH 3.jpg
ROTEX TURRET PUNCH
PUNCH 2.jpg
PUNCH 1.jpg

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:14 pm

That's a pretty cool looking tool- no doubt to produce professional results. How thick of material can it work?

And sounds like the seller made the transaction as easy as possible, short of unloading it at your place!

I was wondering if one of those electric, walk-behind type fork lifts would be easier for you to store. I have looked into using one to move large round or large square bales of hay in a hay loft, but floor load is insufficient.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:00 pm

My guess would be 16 gauge in cold rolled mild steel. Maybe 18-20 gauge in stainless steel. Aluminium is soft and maybe a gauge or so thicker could be punched. I would hesitate to force the smaller dies through thicker material, the possibility of shattering a small punch may be a situation to avoid. The smallest punch may be 3/32". I will measure tomorrow.
My son could not help me unload the truck today because he has a sore back. Tomorrow may be a better opportunity for the both of us.
I would prefer a stand side arm/tables. This may not be an option, for me, because I do not have the floor space to spare. It look like I will be putting more stuff on Craigslist to make room for the good stuff. It is a merry-go-round here.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:36 pm

AMAZON DELIVERS
On December 1, I ordered two Kimberly-Clark Wypall X70 Disposable Wiper, rolls. Amazon gave an unrealistic delivery date of December 7. One of the rolls of shop towel arrived the next day. The second roll was delayed by weather and a postal labour situation. I received several notifications suggesting ,"we are still trying to deliver the other part of the order by December 7." December 8 had the package at the front door. This is good service. The Christmas thrash must have added to the delivery delay. Thank You Canada Poste. Good Job!!
I had to pay CDN$ 223.46, taxes in, for two rolls and this is with free delivery. Shop supplies are expensive.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:01 pm

Merry Christmas to me.
I responded to an advertisement in Craigslist for what was described as a KENNEDY look-a-like machinist tool box. There was another 17"X26" Canadian Made BEACH tool box available. I made an offer on the pair and they followed me home. This has been a very good day made better when I found the KENNEDY livery.
Attachments
kennedy 2.jpg
KENNEDY
KENNEDY.jpg
BEACH CL.jpg
BEACH 17X26
BEACH 3.jpg
BEACH 2.jpg

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:05 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:Merry Christmas to me.

Merry Christmas to you, indeed. At least now you have some place to put all the tools you have that you do not need, but where will you put the tools you will need but do not have?
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion