WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR SHOP TODAY

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:19 pm

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR SHOP TODAY

Not worth that much here either, which is why I still have it. Not sitting on any "goldmine". Like most stuff I own, worth more to me than I could get for it.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:54 pm

On CB89's best advice and suggestion, I plugged a furnace fan into one of my retractable cord units. I started with the cord mostly retracted. After 5 minutes of running the fan at 25% I pulled the out fully and the cord had become warm. Two hours of continuous running of the fan did not appear to heat the cord when it was out.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:47 pm

It took a little muscle and some shuffling to get my motorcycle out of the shop. Number one concern was not touching my Fat Fender Forty Ford. The motorcycle was sold and the buyer was here to pick it up. I did not like the buyer and there were a few times I was close to telling him to GFY.
I do not know how I feel, just yet. I have been riding since 1961 and this is a big but necessary change, for me.
Now that the motorcycle lift-table/adjustable height work bench is empty, I put my KELLER power hacksaw on the bench. The wiring is at eyelevel and I can finish this project up, seated in comfort.
Attachments
VALKYRIE ON THE LIFT FOR FUSL LEAK.jpg
KELLER ON THE BANCH 3.jpg
KELLER ON THE BNENCH 2.jpg
KELLER ON THE WORKBENCH 1.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:23 pm

I plugged the Keller hack saw into the circuits and pressed the reset button. No smoke came out and the new motor started instantly. My wife had to ask. "What it that thing?" I told her is a power sex machine and the "fixtures" go on here at the handle. She did venture a question, "How long have you had this?" I thought I saw a little disappointment when I confessed, "It is a power hacksaw."

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:24 pm

Nikkinutshop.......that is hilarious. Do i love reading your little stories. Luke

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:38 pm

I had to do a little shopping for replacement air hose. The MADE IN CANADA 3/8" was on sale as were the MILTON quick connectors. I bought two 50 foot rolls of air hose. The hose and MILTON quick connectors were on sale. My son thinks we need one of those foam cannons for washing cars. They were on sale for 50% off, so I picked one up.
I need this hose so I can reach the back porch and do some surface preparation on a Craigslist Job-Box. My wife keeps her recycling in the box. I will roll some new RUSTOLEUM grey on the box then pin-stripe it in a darker grey so simulate siding.
Attachments
AIR_HOSE_50_FEET.jpg
JOB BOX  24FRON TO BACK 48 WIDE 27 HIGH.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:50 pm

On another forum, I did ask for opinions on which way the KELLER saw blade should be installed. Here was chance for some joker to say, "teeth down" but the opportunity was missed. Some persons suggested the teeth should cut on the back stroke and fewer thought the forward stroke was the way to go. I decided to do a test. As it turned out, teeth forward toward the front of the saw or teeth cutting when facing the back of the saw made no difference in cutting time. I did several test cuts. I did a few test cuts with JOKISH cutting and threading paste applied to the blade teeth. The JOKISH left the sawblade cooler and the cut time was shorter by 20 seconds on a one minute cut. The saw has some annoying harmonics with the sawblade teeth facing to the rear of the saw and cutting on the back-stroke.
https://www.jokisch-fluids.com/products ... ng-pastes/

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:27 pm

My visit to my shop, today, will be some quality time spent with a Briggs powered sidewalk edger. I bought this machine at a local second-hand shop for $25. The shop could not get the engine to start and run because "someone" had used a pencil to put a tracer line on the sparkplug, thus grounding the spark. Once the sparkplug was cleaned of the pencil line, the engine started and ran very well. I used this edger for two decades. My daughter used the machine and the engine in her shop class as a teaching aid. I need to bolt the engine to the frame of the edger. The most difficult event will be trying to find someone willing to use the edger for what it was designed to do. My mobility is somewhat limited, but I am willing to try, later.
Pictures later.
Also, today, I would like to put a new layer of paint on my hydraulic lift table. I built the table in 2002. 16 years of motorcycle maintenance and fabrication, including welding has compromised the original Harley Orange paint.
Attachments
IHC LB billet covers 2.jpg
IHC LB Billet crank cover.jpg
AIR_HOSE_50_FEET.jpg
TWO FIFTY FEET AIR HOSES

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:16 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:I plugged the Keller hack saw into the circuits and pressed the reset button. No smoke came out and the new motor started instantly. My wife had to ask. "What it that thing?" I told her is a power sex machine and the "fixtures" go on here at the handle. She did venture a question, "How long have you had this?" I thought I saw a little disappointment when I confessed, "It is a power hacksaw."

Ms Nikki must have a real sense of humor or at least a good sense of adventure to put up with you for so long! You are a trip!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:46 pm

"You are a trip." must be a local colloquialism . I had to Google the phrase. Thanks, I guess. Humour or adventure are the only options to chose from? Life could be boring if I were totally predictable and knew everything.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion