Looking for a fender

Just keep it clean please....

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Re: Looking for a fender

Luke, thanks for your comment, i'm in Lancashire, in a village on the outskirts of Blackpool. Are you far from Santa Pod ?
Nikki, i would not want to reduce you to tears over this, but you did ask why??? :) :)
Paul.
52 IH L112
68 OLDS 4-4-2
68 TORINO GT INDY 500 PACE CAR

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:49 am

Hiya, Yea i about 3 miles away. I can hear all the drag cars from my back garden. Luke

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:55 pm

harvester60 wrote:Hiya, Yea i about 3 miles away. I can hear all the drag cars from my back garden. Luke

Go every year for the Mopar Euronats, great event/busy.....quite a distance for me, my friend takes/drives there his 68 Charger every year but not this year, car is having some work done, new 496 cubic inch motor plus some other work, he won't be driving it there any more, though, with that engine plus 4.30 gears!! Took my 68 4-4-2 a few years ago on a trailer.
Paul.
52 IH L112
68 OLDS 4-4-2

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:49 pm

Blackpool to santa pod would be a hell of a trek. Hopefully my truck will be back one the road by then. Maybe i will come up. Luke

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:12 am

green68 wrote:
harvester60 wrote:Blackpool to santa pod would be a hell of a trek. Hopefully my truck will be back one the road by then. Maybe i will come up. Luke

That meet is at the end of July, normally around the weekend of the 29th.....Do you go to watch any of the meetings there? The Mopar one, they have people attending/many drive their cars from France, Germany etc Theres a guy attends and sometimes brings a genuine hemi engined/rare car etc. This year he brought a genuine all original Charger 500 (the one with the altered roofline they ran in Nascar and used to make the Daytona from).

Thought you meant in your reply above you would drive your International to Blackpool, but take it you actually meant Santa Pod Raceway? :P
I was going to take ny International to a meet in Cheshire about an hours (normally) drive to me but......The only sensible route is on the motorway, 40 mph is a comfortable speed for the truck so it would take a looong time, but the main reason I did not take it was due again to the speed, with other road users travelling at 70 mph being a danger etc. I am confident the truck would get there but just too risky with the speed due to gearing etc......I looked at other routes on normal roads but the details of the journey trying to get sensible directions was just too involved/time consuming/not direct at all.

I am/was intending to take the Torino pace car to the same 2 meets but at the moment progress is slow, due to needing localised bodywork and struggling with finding the fender I need. I have other parts I ordered but these cannot be fitted until some welding has been done etc. The car will only need a small amount of paint, it has cleaned up well, will not be mint but very clean, but I am trying to preserve rather than restore it because of how original the car is plus unusual. I don't don't see the point in taking a car apart when there is no need. I now doubt the car will be ready in time for the meets in July 2018 but we'll have to see, car might be fit to tale but not how I would prefer/finish it before being taken out. They have a show and shine area at the meet at Santa Pod which is why I would take this car, your truck would be appreciated if you wanted to take it there, whether in that area or just parked up on the site. Its an enthusiasts meeting where anything goes. Tried to add a couple of pics but were too big.
Paul.
52 IH L112
68 OLDS 4-4-2

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:45 pm

Haha, yea for me to drive to Blackpool in my truck would take about 3 days :D
I have been to bug jam about 20 or so years ago, but just never bothered with the other stuff. To be honest i did not realise there was so much american stuff that a attended. As long as i don't get any issues with the truck then i will come up.
I tend to email myself any photos i want to up load from an iPod/iphone which will then allow me to resize them. I can then upload no problem. Luke

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:15 pm

I do not understand why any person, anywhere, could have so much trouble finding a fender for that thing. We both have access to the same internet and Google. I got about 554,000 results (0.58 seconds)
Try these guys, if you are still looking.
http://restorationpartssource.com/store ... _Parts.htm
There is nothing very exclusive about the torino. The body panels were shared with more than a few other Fords over a few years :t3909: .
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:54 am

nikkinutshop wrote:I do not understand why any person, anywhere, could have so much trouble finding a fender for that thing. We both have access to the same internet and Google. I got about 554,000 results (0.58 seconds)
Try these guys, if you are still looking.
http://restorationpartssource.com/store ... _Parts.htm
There is nothing very exclusive about the torino. The body panels were shared with more than a few other Fords over a few years :t3909: .

Yeah, used to looking for and buying parts, cars etc on the internet, trouble is, i tried Ford forums, Joined the Fairlane club of America etc and posted about parts i needed, posted re. the fender several times with nothing coming back....a lot of the places coming up in searches like the place you linked to, have the vehicles listed but they are generic, when you click on the link for parts to see what they have, or, click on a listed item such as fender, they don't have anything at all. The fender is specific to 68, possibly 69, Fairlane or Torino. I had already looked at the company you posted the link to through a search and have sent an e mail with no reply as yet. What I just described seems to happen with every place that lists the part or the part is sold. Honestly thought it would not be a problem, but still looking.
Paul.

EDIT.....MAY have now come up with something, found a couple of places listing the fender so have e mailed them to see if successful.....ongoing.
52 IH L112
68 OLDS 4-4-2
Previous

Return to Non-IH discussion