KB 6 Panel Truck

Truck finds of all conditions OLD ADDS WILL BE REMOVED

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:14 am

KB 6 Panel Truck

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1949-Internati ... q6&vxp=mtr
Haven't seen any thing like this before . Stock bucket seats , what motor is that ? If I found it cheap I would get it also. VERY cool truck

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:34 am

Re: KB 6 Panel Truck

It's a frequent flyer in these pages.
I believe it's what's called an oil field "thumper" truck. Sent seismic waves into the ground looking for pockets of oil.
Yes, very cool. And very expensive.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:36 pm

Wireline truck, they still use them and look very similar today. Its a BD 308, so not the orignal which would have been a BLD 250 or 269. Same engine family, but not lined and bigger valves and passages in the head to go with a bigger bore.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:07 am

Not my add or any parts of it , but I called the number to ask , yes that is a shifter for a brownie transmission . Also it looks like to me that the gear shifter for the main transmission is not what the original shifter looks like , it looks more like the shifter that is on a later 5 speed that I have that has syncro's in it ,that would fit with that 308 motor . Anyone know what that 3rd shifter might be ,? maybe a 2 speed rear , do they split tandom axels ? That truck is a BEAST !

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:19 am

The powerdivider from that era was a remote mount with separate outputs to each axle. It also had a two speed box (to replace 2 spd axles, so both outputs would shift at the same time) and a "powerdivider lock" So one lever could be for the 2 spd and one for the lock, or one could be for a PTO control.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:30 am

I thought a PTO also a possible . Look on the glove box , an instruction for shifting including a patern for the brownie ? and the diamond plate floor [wow] has 2 slots that were for what ? the old location for PTO , that is where my truck had them , one to release the dump bed and one for the PTO .

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:41 am

I can't make it out, just too faint, but it looks like one might be "high, Neutral, low and the other lock and un locked. which would fit with the powerdivider. I would have to go digging in my storage trailer to see if my Power divider has a neutral position.
I know of no aux that has three ratios controlled by one lever with all three ratios inline. So it looks like a two speed which would fit with powerdivider.

Return to Diamonds in the Rough