On The Road With Loadstar

As we travel, it is nice to comment about where we are going and/or where we have been and all the IHC trucks that we have seen on our journeys.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:18 am

On The Road With Loadstar

Ride along on the running board of the 71 Loadstar 1600 as I truck canola on a beautiful August day. You can hear the old 304 through the dual glass packs as it goes through the gears. https://youtu.be/ZTAxIjATBds

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: On The Road With Loadstar

Nice truck! That may be the first time I've actually seen you meet someone on the road in one of your videos. I'm curious as to what the sign says on the left at the end of your driveway.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:39 pm

I watched and enjoyed your video this morning. I am a subscriber to your channel.
You and I live in two very different worlds. Out here on the West Coast congestion is the best description of everything, everywhere. I tried to go to McD's for b'fast this morning and Marine Drive was closed. I took the detour and tried to go the up-hill route. Telus had a big service truck on the street and two BMW SUVs were facing it off in the middle of the street. It did not take long for the blockage to desolve into an yelling match. I do not understand the language, but my best guess is the exchange was not a friendly one. The Telus contractor offered to reverse one of the BMWs and the impasse was broken.
The drive thru at McD's was momentarily blocked when a Lexus SUV jumped the curb and the puzzled driver got out to have a look. I don't think I would have floored the Lexus, but it worked at the expense of some landscaping.
I got an extra, extra large large double-double coffee for the gorgeous flag girl at the detour. Her smile lights up the day.
I was trying to get up enough courage to drive to Princess Auto to buy some 3/8" joiner nuts and I ended up making them on my small lathe.
The smoke has cleared and I can see Richmond clearly, for about the last hour.
My wife and daughter have the back of my truck filled with stuff for Value Village. PM rush hour is in full swing and it is 14:35h. With two very busy bridges to cross, each way, I am not going to venture out to Value Village today.
I have been looking at real-estate for sale in AB and SK. I am ready.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:26 pm

dean466 wrote:Nice truck! That may be the first time I've actually seen you meet someone on the road in one of your videos. I'm curious as to what the sign says on the left at the end of your driveway.

Dean

The sign would have my name on it. I did not notice, maybe it is due for a repaint.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:32 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:I watched and enjoyed your video this morning. I am a subscriber to your channel.
You and I live in two very different worlds. Out here on the West Coast congestion is the best description of everything, everywhere..

And I would not trade places. The city with it's busy streets and the highways of people in a big rush to get somewhere, that is just a zoo to me and I avoid it as much as possible. Not a sound out in the yard after I parked the Loadstar in the shed this evening after another day's trucking.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:33 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:. . . congestion is the best description of everything, everywhere. . .

Yes that was a very nice video . . .

Congestion best describes where I came from. I spent half my life sitting in traffic and Los Angeles freeway gridlock only seemed to ease up between 2am and 4:30am. Moved to Alturas in northern Calif about two years ago and I hope I never have to go back to Los Angeles again. Wish I had made the move 30 years ago. Bought a house about one year ago and hope to get working on my own Loadstar again next year. Only drawback is no IH enthusiasts around here. The 4th of July parade and car show had no IH representation at all - no Scouts, no IH trucks, and no IH farm equipment on display.

Nice truck ride, Ralph. Do you have any other pictures or videos of your truck?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:25 pm

Steve, I have so many videos of the Loadstar and my other Internationals on youtube that I can't say for sure. Several harvest videos show the Loadstar at work, even taking grain on the go off the 510 Massey combine back in the 90s. I like this one from 2014 as you can really hear the 304 performing through those dual glass packs as I truck wheat through a soft field. https://youtu.be/T2GsvUWSrRY
Or this,, https://youtu.be/gNs5rQXlmqk

Return to Out and About