WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR SHOP TODAY

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:21 pm

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR SHOP TODAY

I installed the new lower latches in my pickup this afternoon. After my son dropped of the parts, it took me about 3 minutes per door to install and time the latches. The lowee latche should match the upper latch or the door will not open.
While waiting for the "Kid" to arrive, I gathered as many of the fasteners as I could find for our L110 Shorty project and sorted them into AKRO MILLS bins then hung the bins on my latest Craigslist find.
Tomorrow, I am going to make a shop towel roll holder for this rack.
Attachments
2002 dodge doors.jpg
akro mills 2.jpg
akro mills 1.jpg
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:06 pm

I am enjoying a McD's fruit and fiber muffin with a coffee. I ordered 7 of these muffins with peanut butter. McD's got the muffin count correct but the PB count was short by 4. I was handed a second bag ???? at the McD's hand-out window. I did not order chicken nuggets with a yellow dip and chocolate chip cookies. I was not charged for the extra bits and pieces and after sitting in the drive-thru for 22 minutes whilst the novice driver ahead of me struggled to get her Mercedes SUV off the curb, I was not in the mood to risk another drive-thru jam-up. I wonder who is not enjoying the lunch that I ate. :t1809:

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:26 pm

I did some more inventory taking on the bunch of tooling that I got with a rough Myford Super 7 lathe. I did some spot cleaning to get a feel for the task ahead.
I did a quick check around on my 1940 Ford to make sure all of the Weatherpack connectors were together. The MAP was not connected. Yes, the MAP sensor is in there.
I ordered a new battery for my laptop. I need the laptop for driveability programing an ECM after I leave the shop. Retractable extension cords are not an option, this time.
Attachments
FUEL GAUGE TOP VIEW.jpg
MYFORD TOOLING 2.jpg
MYFORD TAILSTOCK.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:56 am

My son works a night shift and as soon as he gets up, we are going to get his Dodge SRT4 ready for pick up. The SRT 4 runs strong, but he has moved on to a Jeep and left the SRT in my carport. He has made several attempts to sell the SRT on Craigslist and all he got for his trouble was time wasters. So, he donated the SRT to a charity for a tax receipt and the SRT will be sent to be crushed for scrap.
I tried driving this SRT 4 once. It is brutally fast and unsophisticated and as fast as any Porsche I have owned.
The young 17 year old guy across the lane wants the SRT but we do not think this is a kid's first car at just under 300 hp.
I'm not sorry to see it go this way and my son needs the tax receipt.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:45 am

Scrapped? Seems a shame for something with SRT in the name, even if it is a neon :t3716:
-Joe
'54 R112

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:01 pm

I suppose you are right. I never liked this SRT. I call it the Stupid Red Thingee. The car is crap right out of the showroom. Fit finish is cheap plastic. The torque steer is frightening, under acceleration it wants to rip the steering wheel out of your hands. It can stop on a dime because it is over braked and it has lots of fraction with wide low profile new tires.
When this SRT was new, it was the fastest accelerating car Dodge sold. It still goes like mad and sounds like a race car.
Sorry Lloyd, it is too late now, but you could have had the SRT for just showing up for it.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:40 pm

I can only resist cleaning up the accessories that came with the MYFORD SUPER 7 before I give in. I rolled out my 60 year old Canadian Made power solvent tank and started washing parts. Some of the chucks had to be left to soak for an hour or so. My first focus was the collet chuck because it is the rarest and replacement would be by far the most expensive part. The other chucks freed up and cleaned up rather well.
Some time ago I bought a full set of collets for my 16 inch Southbend and the package included a cast-iron collet rack. I had put it away with no plan to ever use it. Well, time and circumstances change and the collet rack has a new job. I will be holding the Myford collets and the collet chuck.
I picked up three more MADE IN NEBRASKA Petersen Vise Grips today. At $10 each, I do not have the will power to say no. Anyway, these three round out the collection and bring the number to 150 real Vise Grips. Round out dopes not mean there may be more added, if .........................
Attachments
VISEGRIP COMBINATION TOOL.jpg
I bought this confused Vise Grip from Lloyd.
VISE GRIP 5.jpg
COLLETT RACK.jpg
collet rack
SOLVENT POWER WASH TANK.jpg
powered solvent parts wash tank
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:53 pm

150 vice grips....WOW. In England we call Mole grips, hmm tis true, don't know why. Please don't think that I'm a bad engineer or anything, but i have over 20 hammers. :smash:

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:02 pm

I feel like an amateur. I only have 18 hammers. I am going back on Craigslist, now.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:20 pm

I think we should have a hammer off :smash: :smash: :smash:

I'm on call this week, but if i get chance a take photos :D
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion