politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:24 pm

Re: politic on the board

Yup Lord Feltersnatch did a good job reading his scripted speech without going off the rails, I heard a Faux commentator tell Shep smith right after it:

"I was impressed, he didn't complain, Or pick anyone to fight with"

what a low bar we've set when all he has to do is not fling his feces at the camera and he is Presidential,

my favorite part was where he promised clean air and water just hours after signing an order to dismantle the EPA.
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:01 pm

I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:29 pm

So there I was, this morning, making my breakfast and very suddenly and without warning, I felt that I was being watched. I turned to see a female person who looked like she had not had any sleep since the Nixon administration looking at me. She was wearing a nutcracker look-a-like suit. The female figure was appearing in the glass door of my microwave like a hologram. A voice from the microwave asked, "What's for breakfast?" I responded, "I'm having an egg sandwich with Schinkenspeck and German cheese." "What about me?" the hologram inquired. I said, "I am saving this bratwurst for you and then I turned gave the hologram a full frontal Anthony Weiner treatment.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:38 pm

What is the difference?
Attachments
NUN .jpg
CATHOLIC
hijab4.jpg
MUSLIM
hijab4.jpg (10.46 KiB) Viewed 4280 times

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:13 pm

I believe there is a flaw in the system. Not just nurses(the folks who really keep us alive) but the doctors working and living across the border. Not anything wrong with Detroit (well....)but if you have your "druthers" you would live in Windsor On...

U.S. & WORLD NEWS FROM MLIVE.COM
Nurses being turned away at US-Canada border due to immigration policy

Posted on March 16, 2017 at 10:06 AM
The Ambassador Bridge between Windsor, Ontario and Detroit is shown, Feb. 10, 2017. (AP Photo/Paul Sancya)
The Ambassador Bridge between Windsor, Ontario and Detroit is shown, Feb. 10, 2017. (AP Photo/Paul Sancya)(Paul Sancya)
shares
BY MATT DURR
WINDSOR, CANADA -- Canadian nurses attempting to go to work at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit were denied entry into the United States last week because of President Donald Trump's immigration ban.

According to a report from CBC News, advanced practice nurses and nurse anesthetists are being rejected by border officials as they are no longer protected due to the immigration ban. Some are also having issues renewing their visas.

It's important to note that not all Canadians are banned because of the immigration policy, as NAFTA visas cover the majority of the 30,000 to 40,000 Canadians working in the United States.

The advanced practice nurses and nurse anesthetists may apply for a special visa in order to work in the U.S., however, those applications can cost up to $4,000, according to the report.

The issue may be cleared up temporarily as two federal judges have blocked Trump's travel ban for the time being.
Last edited by windigo69 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:15 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:What is the difference?

the muslim lady is totally hot!!!! Beautiful eyes!!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:16 pm

Nikki, Thank you for that post. It points out the paranoid nature of the bias.
I tried to let Trump start his new job with the benefit of the doubt. But accusing the former President of a felony with NO proof or even evidence that ANYONE tapped his phones is beyond the pale. If the situation was reversed, Trump would be in court with a liable action. Obama's silence is both a class act and not giving the accusations any merit.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:43 pm

I think you have said it really well. Anything that I might add may take away from your statement.
I can only wish the best outcome for our neighbours to the south of us.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:18 pm

I will say this about the Veils on Nuns:
Before the Vatican II Council the trademark of Catholic nuns used to be their habit, consisting of flowing robes and veils that covered the entire body, leaving only the face and hands visible.

But the design of the habits of the many orders of nuns has varied over the ages. During various times in history it has been practices among some orders to have their nuns to also veil their faces. Today this tradition is very uncommon and only a few orders mandates this practice.
got this from this page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/23168191@ ... 647382234/
Here is an article that discusses Younger new "nuns" wearing veils: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-rel ... 8718/posts
How you read and take it is up to the person. My take is that it is a CHOICE that the Nuns make, but is not necessarily a choice for people who are forced to "convert". Still, it is a valid point to compare the two, but should have the caveat of choice or not. As for the article about the nurses, in this uncertain time, it might have been prudent to consider if all the proper requirements would be followed. Personally, I think they should have been allowed to go to work. But still, it is the individuals responsibility and perhaps their employers responsibility to insure compliance with the law.
Oh, and I find it interesting that the Judges who have found against the EO are all appointees of the past administration, Could they not have argued this before someone from and earlier administration? Just a thought. Peace all.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:59 am

Unbelievable!
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion