politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:20 pm

Re: politic on the board

bedrockjon wrote:"see who leaves" right now there are 2282 members per the the members link,

I've tried to rally up people to comment more, what makes people leave is they click on this site after a week or two, and their profile link says No new posts,

you have to dig to get to the thread in question, so it's not like politics are glaring at you on the index page,

but, hey, that is what this post is about, people's opinion, I value your input, I don't necessarily Agree, but it doesn't change that I'm glad you took the time to post, I'm sure you don't agree with me, but that doesn't make us adversaries,
(I hope)

So true. Some forums I belong to are so slow moving that I do lose interest in going back to see if anyone has commented or even looked at what I post. When I get zero feedback I have no encouragement to visit often.
And I think it is impossible to eliminate politics or even religion from most discussion forums. If affects pretty much everything we do and once in a while we will have something to say about it. Most of the time I'll just keep quiet and move on as I don't care enough to get into a big discussion (argument). Lifes too short for that.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:12 pm

I do not post much on here, as i don't have the knowledge or experience of half of the people on here, but i do read a lot and i did look at the donald trump posts. Like him or not but he is world news, hard not to make a comment about him. I live in England and donald trump has been on our news day in and day out for MONTHS. I like reading different posts, not just about IHC but anything. Its interesting to hear different opinions from around the world. Luke

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:46 pm

Well, Ralph, I do appreciate your posts and I think I could and should comment more often on the things you take time to post.
There is a guy on You Tube who has a very successful channel titled, "How Farms Work". I doubt that it well known and certainly not appreciated by the masses just how expensive it can be to run a farm. My friend BY told me that a new combine can cost three quarters of a million dollars and so it goes.
I do like politics and I have never developed an tolerance for bad self-serving politicians.
It is repeated so often that if "we" do not get involved with choosing who will be given the control of our countries the worst case scenario can happen and those who did not vote have to suffer at the hand of those who did.
The situation that is happening post election is, I think, more of a reaction to failing to get to the voting places and for some persons the worst unthinkable thing has happened. I think the real tragedy is too many persons not caring enough to vote then having the privilege to complain about the outcome that was determined by those who made the effort to fill out a ballot.
I do not like what happened. This worst case , for some persons who did not vote, could have been prevented. Sometimes it is not clear who will do the least damage
It is not my country, but we live next door and the impact of what happened will certainly change things for those of us who live north of the forty ninth.
Mass protesting has some value and may have little or no effect other than a little clearing of the guilt for some persons who may not have voted
Politics is and should be important to anyone who lives in a place where the leaders are voted in. If the turn-out numbers are low, this sends a message that few voter care and the newly elected has free reign.
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:32 pm

so I work with a person from Brazil. she says that among friends you never discuss religion, politics, or soccer.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Think of this possibility, If all of the bible waving persons in our countries were born in the Arabic countries, they would have been taught Islamic values and would be Muslim. Persons become who and what they are because of where they were born and raised and what they have been exposed to.
The key word in the statement made by your fellow worker, was "among friends." Pour a few Bodebrown Perigosa Imperial IPA into a person and the resolve starts to dissolve. At least two of those subjects become lively and sometimes heated discussion.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:04 pm

My parents had a similar quote about never discussing religion or politics in polite company. I won't say I have always stuck by it. They had another old saying, "if you can't say anything good about someone, just say nothing at all".

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:46 pm

He said: "if you can't say anything good about someone, just say nothing at all".
There comes a time when something needs saying. Maybe if something was said back in the early 1950s, my immediate family would not have been destroyed by the actions of one person who was protected by silence.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:12 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:He said: "if you can't say anything good about someone, just say nothing at all".
There comes a time when something needs saying. Maybe if something was said back in the early 1950s, my immediate family would not have been destroyed by the actions of one person who was protected by silence.

That is true and it would not be the first time an old saying needed to be modified or edited. So far the only one I really depend on is "
Red sky at night, shepherds delight. Red sky at morning, shepherds take warning". :-)

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:00 pm

A Shepherd goes for his drivers test. The examiner asks, "Can you make a "U" turn?" The shepherd answers, "Ewe betcha."

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:48 am

nikkinutshop wrote:A Shepherd goes for his drivers test. The examiner asks, "Can you make a "U" turn?" The shepherd answers, "Ewe betcha."

I would have figured he'd just whistle and his dog would jump off the back of the truck and do it for him!
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion