welder cart

Place to tell and show the tools you have made/Modified to work on your International!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 26, 2015 12:37 pm

welder cart

I recently got a TIG welder. the carts available were a lot more than I wanted to spend, so I scrounged some stuff and pulled out my MIG and made a cart.

I have played with the TIG a bit. it is going to take a bit of practice for me to get the hang of. A lot less user friendly than a MIG. On the plus side, the cart works great.
Attachments
TIG cart4.JPG
TIG cart3.JPG
TIG cart2.JPG
TIG cart1.JPG

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 26, 2015 12:45 pm

Re: welder cart

I like your work. Very nice, indeed.
I'm sure that you will get the TIG thing figured out. Try subscribing to Welding tips and tricks.com on You Tube. Also there is Mister TIG on You Tube, he has been in Jay Leno’s You Tube channel. This guy is very good.
I love my Miller Synchrowave .
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed May 27, 2015 7:22 am

hey, thank you for the tips. I will check them out. I got the Miller Diversion. I am sold on Miller products. I have their MIG and plasma cutter as well.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu May 28, 2015 1:21 am

I have owned a MILLERMATIC 200 for 35 years. It has operated trouble free. I added a MILLER Spectrum plasma cutter about 20 years ago and our Miller Synchrowave was added 10 years ago. MADE IN USA. I bought my son and I each a MILLER electronic welder face shields.
If it isn't blue...............

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:11 pm

My son found this cart at the curb downtown..not sure of its original purpose as it only had 3 legs and no top?? It was going to be a outdoor work station but the welders moved into it...

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:12 am

Nice.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:03 pm

restoKB1 wrote:I recently got a TIG welder. the carts available were a lot more than I wanted to spend, so I scrounged some stuff and pulled out my MIG and made a cart.

I have played with the TIG a bit. it is going to take a bit of practice for me to get the hang of. A lot less user friendly than a MIG. On the plus side, the cart works great.

So what does your welding cart look like today. Any changes?
When I got my first welder I built a cart immediately from metal I had around the cave. I want to add a drawer under the top of current cart,,, someday. My wheels although heavy duty don't roll as easy as hard metal wheels however I like the fact the wheels lock. Pro's and cons to everything. I should put the stick welder under work bench ,,only the boy uses it as I rarely do any heavy welding.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:37 pm

I like the steering wheel application for the bead roller. Good thinking.
I let my brain off-leash and this is what happened. The trigger on the Milwaukee M18 is remotely activated and reversible. The drill sits in a saddle.
I will be selling the motorcycle closer to spring. The hydraulic lift will become my welding table. It goes as low as 4 inches and as high as 48 inches. The lift table has several smooth exchangeable tops for easier layout and welding. The table is operated by a remote 12 volt electric/hydraulic pump. The remote power unit has a quick disconnect and wheels so it can be rolled away and used for a battery booster. The boost cables are on quick disconnect. The hydraulic power unit is remotely operated for raise and lower and has a built on battery tender with cord retractor.
Attachments
MOTORCYCLE LIFT.jpg
HYDRAULIC MOTORCYCLE LIFT.
BEADROLLER REMOTE TRIGGER ACTUATOR 6.jpg
TRIGGER ACTUATOR
BEADROLLER 5.jpg
CLAMPING
BEADROLLER 4.jpg
THE PARTS
BEADROLLER 3.jpg
FOOT PEDAL ACTUATOR
BEADROLLER 2.jpg
tHE CHAIN AND SPROCKET REDUCTION
BEADROLLER 1.jpg
t\THE STAND

Return to What Special tools Have you Made?