K/KB Hub Caps

The old and reliable.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:33 pm

K/KB Hub Caps

Hello. New forum looks great. Sorry to see all the useful information and contacts disappear with the old forum format though.

Anyway, can anyone tell me the correct size of hub caps needed to fit a 1946 K2 with 16" wheels? I'm sure there common, but want to avoid a repeat of previous mistakes by "ASS U ME" ing, they would fit.

Thanks
Lugnut
Michigan :mrgreen:
" Seemed like a good idea at the time "

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: K/KB Hub Caps

5 lug rims they approximately 10 inch with approximately 8 inch mounting surface area,
6 lug rims they are 12 inch with 10 inch mounting area, approximately, as they vary slightly depending on how beat up they are
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:07 pm

One of the guys, mr. shoemacker or close to that had sme made, dont member if he had the triple diamond ones made, I know the IH hubcaps he had made are perfect. 10"& 12"--------Hope this helps, someone will chime in. I dont have his contact stuff.
kevin

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:47 pm

kevin wrote:One of the guys, mr. shoemacker or close to that had sme made, dont member if he had the triple diamond ones made, I know the IH hubcaps he had made are perfect. 10"& 12"--------Hope this helps, someone will chime in. I dont have his contact stuff.
kevin

Thanks for the help guys. 5 lug = 8"
That would be great if someone had them made. Hopefully, contact info will be posted?
" Seemed like a good idea at the time "

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:56 pm

hopefull he will be one of the members who gets back on soon, Someone might have his info on their computer and post up for you. If you do not have to have a hub cap with a logo on it, you might take a look at what I call the Baby Moons that used to get put on the vehicles back in the Day.

Can of spray paint and baby moons changed the whole look of the hand me down "Family" car back in the sixties and seventies ;)

Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:47 pm

lugnut wrote:
kevin wrote:One of the guys, mr. shoemacker or close to that had sme made, dont member if he had the triple diamond ones made, I know the IH hubcaps he had made are perfect. 10"& 12"--------Hope this helps, someone will chime in. I dont have his contact stuff.
kevin

Thanks for the help guys. 5 lug = 8"
That would be great if someone had them made. Hopefully, contact info will be posted?

repops are available, you can find em online a outfit outa Canada, forget their name, at least they do the 10" with 8" mount, in stainless.
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:58 pm

I believe Restoration Specialities has repop hub caps. Here is the link, and they show IHC cap.
http://www.restorationspecialties.com/Products.html

Return to K and KB