Bristol CT to Georgetown Texas

If you can haul, or need something hauled, this is the place to post it.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:09 pm

Bristol CT to Georgetown Texas

Anybody interested in doing this job? The dates are very flexible. It would be for a 1941 K series.
I have gotten some quotes back on uship and they have been more than I really want to pay for a flexible trip.
Can anyone recommend someone? (That hasn't turned out to be a nightmare or a crook)
"A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering"
Freemnan Dyson

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:48 pm

Re: Bristol CT to Georgetown Texas

paulietools wrote:Anybody interested in doing this job? The dates are very flexible. It would be for a 1941 K series.
I have gotten some quotes back on uship and they have been more than I really want to pay for a flexible trip.
Can anyone recommend someone? (That hasn't turned out to be a nightmare or a crook)

If you do not mind my being nosy, what range were your bids from Uship? If I were in your area, I know what I would do it for, and just barely break(for my time and wear and tear) if I had no other hauls. Just wondering how I would stack up. Right now my truck is on its way to California from Idaho. Fully loaded at a bit under the 26,000 I am rated for, more of a shakedown in prep for a Canada trip.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have been way busier than expected with all this.
I got 2 bids, the first was for just under $1800 and the other was just under $1500. And i do mean just under.
I was expecting somewhere in the $800-$1000 because I was going to let them pick the window of pickup and delivery.
I am going to leave the truck with a family member until t gets picked up after the house sells.
"A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering"
Freemnan Dyson

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Just Fuel alone for me would cost almost $700 , That's at 12mpg on Diesel. At just under $1500 they are charging right around $.78 per mile For a Long haul that is not bad. Something you might check is with one of the Car hauling outfits. Where they are carrying 8 vehicles they can do it a little cheaper. Check out this link: http://www.movecars.com/states/connecticut.htm
In 2004 we shipped cars from NewHampshire to Idaho for around $800 each. Fuel was cheaper then. Just a thought.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:00 pm

Thanks for the education and the heads up. i am guessing I have not adjusted to this new world we live in where fuel is kept artificially high by the **** speculators. oh and don't let me forget the owl tongue sucking snake kissing tree hugging liberals for not allowing new refineries to be built and the oil companies for just pure greed.
Sorry. Off soapbox now.
I truly appreciate the insight.
Freemnan Dyson

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:05 pm

No problem, and I am right up there with you on the soap box! Good luck in which ever way you go. Wish I could help out personally.

Return to Transportation Network