Arms and Blades

The old and reliable.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:27 am

Arms and Blades

Gosh, I wish I'd saved some of that archived stuff. But anyway where is a good place to get wiper arms and blades for K/KB series (K3 specifically). The drives are the 6 volt electrics by American Bosch.

Bud

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:20 am

Re: Arms and Blades

Wiper Blades:
If it wasn't so darn cold out, I would look and see what my KB-5 has on it. I replaced them a few years back.
The original blade was a Trico L-778-30C. I tried searching for that and a different replacement number that was shown in the manual, but came up empty.

The other option (if you have an old arm) is to go into a store and find one that fits. That is what I did. Ended up using an Anco brand blade.

Wiper Arms:
Check the boneyard, or someone on here that has an old K or KB for parts. (Classifieds part of this board)

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:17 pm

first as jim pointed out the orgional blades were supplied buy trico how ever i belive it was anco and not trico.
but trico did make replacement 9 inch blades back in the day.
how ever they no longer make are sell any thing less then i think 10 inch blades if even that short.
yet last i knew about 2 years ago now anco still made the correct style and in 9 inch that will fit the stock orgional k/kb wiper arms.
the anco part number was 20-09 and the last i knew the blades could be bought at olriles formerly shcucks as well as napa.
with this said the last time i checked the price at napa again a couple years ago they were right at $20.00 dollars pre blade at that time.

as to the arms thems selfs no buddy to date is reproducing the stock arms.
further more trico use to make universail arms that came with the needed adapters so they can be used on the stock k/kb wiper motors.
how ever they no longer make them and have not for severail years.
but the good news in specality power windows is reproducing the wiper arms that trico use to make as well as they have almost any adapter you need to make the wiper arms work with the stock k/kb wiper motors and many other aplashtions yet i do not know the price they get for the arm.
hope this helps robertkb48
Last edited by robertkb48 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:13 pm

Thanks for the info Jim and KB48.

I believe over time all this informational stuff will be resurected and we'll be able to search it out.

Bud

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:29 pm

marine supply is good place,
boats have a short windshield like the KBs do,

that is the main problem with finding arms and blades, they fit the motors but usually way too long,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:17 pm

that info should be put on the parts thread.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:03 pm

I ended up using Trico Classic blade no. 33-122. These came with a special little adapter bracket that fitted to my Anco arms. They were too long, but with the help of a heliarc capable friend, the mods worked. They need to be shortened to about 10 inches to fit the windshield. Got 'em at O'Reilly for less than $10 each. Trico makes a Classic no. 33-101 that would be 'bout 10 inches long and probably would work unaltered. But watch out; they may not come with the "special little adapter" if your runnin' Anco arms like mine.

Bud

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Anybody check out the length of the old scout blades (80 series)? When I needed a pair for my R110 a friend who has a parts store suggested that we try them. Fit like they were made for the R. I can't remember the length and it's cold an dark outside, but seems like they are about 9 or 10 inches long.
MW

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:51 am

D15H wrote:Canadian production of K-KB were equipped with two window wipers as standard . Both the arm and blade were Anco of Anderson Indiana.The 9"blade were Anco stock No. 325.Anco blades were distributed by J.C.Adams Co. of Toronto.
The Dodge WM300 used the same wiper arms and blades up to 1967.
Scott in B.C.

Not all the Canadian trucks came with 2 wipers. This Cdn built '42 only had wiper on driver side only , not even a hole punched for wiper on passenger side..This is the only one I have seen. My US built 41 only had one wiper but there was a hole punched on the passenger side for a wiper. It had a factory plug in it.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:00 am

My '42 US production, had one, MY '48 had two. I think pre war are more likely to have only one then post war. My 42 didn't have a hole for the passenger side but was easy to locate one. (pun intended)

Return to K and KB