IH schoolbus

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:45 pm

Re: IH schoolbus

The original post with bus pics has the year a model on the top of the picture image. The front grill of the "L" bus must of been used on a number of vehicles. Opens the door possibly for those trying to find another grill for parts. So LLoyd, when was this site started initially? Been a great asset to those of us that working on old binders. I didn't notice it on the Index, do you have an OldIHC souvenir shop link where we can buy shirts or mugs and such...use as a fundraiser to help support you guys keeping this site up and going? Just a thought.
Rich
2016 BMW 1200 GS
2010 John Deere Zero Turn mower
2003 B2620 Kubota Tractor
2001 Toyota Tacoma
1970' Gilson snow blower
1963 Original Cub Cadet mower
1960's Troybuilt Horse rotortiller
1950 L112 International pickup

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:00 pm

I joined in about 2007 or 2008 I think, and started to help with some things about that same time. I am not sure when the site was started by Jim Hadfield, Perhaps one of the other folks that have been here much longer can remember. Jupes(John) was also one of the founding members I think. When I joined, the forum software was WordPress, It is a good software, but at that time did not have much of a "blocking" mechanism as I remember. When the Big Hack came in October 2011 of WordPress through our Host, We went to this new software. Easier for me to keep the bad guys out. If I can find them, We have some OldIhc.org window decals, just have to find them, I have moved and that stuff was packed away. We are now at 2911 Members, some that are not active at all. I point people on the Facebook forums to OldIhc Forums quite often. The more the merrier!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:24 pm

I have a copy of a post from 2003, so it has been around (and I have been around) that long at least. Should have learned more than I have. ;)

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:06 am

Pretty sure I was here in 2000 or 2001...
My posts contain my own opinions...your mileage may vary, void where prohibited, objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:22 pm

I'm the noob compared to everyone else. My experience isnt as vast, but i do enjoy logging in and seeing what folks are up to with their projects.

Unfortunately, not much here recently.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:38 pm

I started in 2010 when I bought my L112, OLDIHC and it's members helped get it back on the road with parts and lots of good advice. After some time away I'm back again with a new user name and a different truck.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:24 pm

bsievers1616 wrote:I'm the noob compared to everyone else. My experience isnt as vast, but i do enjoy logging in and seeing what folks are up to with their projects.

Unfortunately, not much here recently.

Is Daddy's little helper able to drive your truck? Is she in school now?
Your Daughter reminds me of my daughter. My daughter used to sit in a booster seat and steer our R120 in the Puget Sound Antique Machinery parade at Bethusen Park. I was in the seat and ready to kick the 4 speed into neutral and pull on the emergency brake. I had to ask her if she was OK while she was driving. She told me to be quiet because she was concentrating.
My daughter took an apprenticeship to become a mechanic. She is now teaching shop, robotics, programing and CNC in a local high school.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:51 am

Like so many, I read all the posts for a long time before I signed up. The big "shut down" would have lost much history.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:50 am

chelty110 wrote:Like so many, I read all the posts for a long time before I signed up. The big "shut down" would have lost much history.

Much truth there. History, data, and members who chose not to return. A HUGE pool of experience was lost.
My posts contain my own opinions...your mileage may vary, void where prohibited, objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:48 am

Some may have aged out of the hobby or may not be walking this earth anymore (thinking Grumpa and Alex) others may have finished their truck and moved on to other interests, but none less they are missed.
PreviousNext

Return to L, R and S