IH schoolbus

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:53 pm

IH schoolbus

I was watching old Bionic Woman episodes with Lindsay Wagner on an NBC app on my smart TV the last few nights. You know...the classics...LOL As a kid I did not remember Lindsay going bra-less most of the time on this family show.. Oh the 70's and bell bottom jeans. Besides the International bus, I did see an IH pickup in one scene but could not make out the model. Could not see the badging.
Attachments
school bus 3.JPG
school bus.jpg
school bus2.jpg
Rich
2016 BMW 1200 GS
2010 John Deere Zero Turn mower
2003 B2620 Kubota Tractor
2001 Toyota Tacoma
1970' Gilson snow blower
1963 Original Cub Cadet mower
1960's Troybuilt Horse rotortiller
1950 L112 International pickup

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:14 pm

Re: IH schoolbus

The 70's was a great time for me, I was in my 20's and there were lots of friendly young ladies who weren't overly concerned with wearing much in the way of underwear. Suffice it to say I didn't have much time to watch TV. Rock concerts, communal living, just a huge sense of freedom. Those were the days,I'm glad I lived through that era! The 80's for me was about getting serious , starting a business, paying bills and a mortgage but the 70's......oh man!

BTW cool bus I had friends back then traveling in 50's and 60's versions of that all over the country!
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:28 pm

There was a lady on this forum about 10 years ago. She lived in a converted IHC bus. She drove an IH gravel truck I hope she is still around.
The 1960s passed in a blur, for me. Here I am in my 70s and life is still a blur. My eyes are not what they used to be. BUT, the ladies still look really good.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:25 pm

We lost a lot of members with the big crash. I do hope that some find their way back.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:24 pm

I miss 'Windmiller, Kimberly, Kavlov, Grumpa Bubba" and many more I can't remember.
I remember getting into a long discussion about the big opposed piston engines and engine design back in the way back days.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:00 pm

Me, I miss guys like Super John,the guy has a lot of humor, heart and soul, hope he and the rest are doing well. They had funny stories about the trucks they were working on that always made me smile. A host of others too that made this place lively. Some crazy stuff went on at times! We even had a music thread going for awhile that had everything from Hank to Hendrix. I remember Lloyd being nice enough to post videos for the guys who couldn't cut and paste, me being one of them. I enjoy coming here everyday since I've come back to the site but it is a little "dry" around here now.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:46 pm

I have kept in contact with a few of the names mentioned. I often wonder how the guy with the 1948 IHC pickup is doing. Last I heard, he was in really terrible shape after years of suffering. He had a vehicle fall on him, at work. Maybe ibesq can remember the guy. I think he sold his Binder. I keep in contact with MAGIHC MIKE. from Merritt, BC. Smog Guy is too busy to talk. Mike and I get together for coffee now and then. I bought a bunch of IHC stuff and a camelback drill press from Mike, in the last two years.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:02 am

In addition to the big crash we also had another big change to the forum a few years back didn't we?

I remember the music game, that was a good time.
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 am

There are folks here that have been part of this forum for much longer than myself. We had at least three "Issues" with the forum that I can remember. One major one that I started to work on was of the 8000+ members, a great many of them were spam. That was with the old Wordpress program and not much in the way of filtering out the bad guys. I started to do that once Jim and I got to know each other a bit and then we had the big Issue with our provider having a major hack on Wordpress sites in around October 2011, It took the better part of a month to start back up and almost all info was lost, then there was a minor bump in December of 2011 that caused people to not be able to log on, (I will eventually get to the task of weeding out registrations from back then that have not been active from that time). Lastly we had our big Down time this year, that was due to an error in getting a certain fee paid on time. I want to Thank Jim Hadfield for all he has done for this forum and wish him well. I want to Thank John Hansen for what he did to get us back up and running this last time, and for the work he will be doing in the back ground. We hope to have an upgrade that does not create issues sometime in the near future.
As for now, If anyone knows of any old members, please feel free to invite them back. I personally go through all registrations mostly everyday and approve those that are, as near as I can determine, valid. I seem to average between 15-20 registrations a day. Auto blocking of bad IP's is not working, otherwise it would be much less. Hence the desire for the upgrade on my part.
If anyone thinks that there is a spammer that is on the site, Please send me an email or message through the site. I will check it out and deal with it. Feel free to contact me anytime. I enjoy all the posts on the site.
Lloyd Bledsoe

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:40 pm

My brother's old bus
Attachments
wedding066.jpg
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!
Next

Return to L, R and S