R-162 flexible brake lines

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:19 pm

R-162 flexible brake lines

The flexible brake lines on my 1955 R-162 look like they may be original. I would like to replace them. Trouble is, the truck is many miles away from me right now so I can't just pull the lines off the truck and take them in to the auto parts store to match them. I would like to purchase some ahead of time so I have them with me, ready to swap in without delay when I go to get the truck.
Does anyone know the length of these flexible brake lines and the size/type of fittings on the ends or perhaps some part numbers which would get me the correct lines? I have a parts manual but the original IH part numbers haven't been very helpful to me as the youngsters in my local auto parts store can't seem to think beyond the computer and the computer never heard of a 1955 International Harvester R-162.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:59 am

Re: R-162 flexible brake lines

pastornurse,
Did a little checking in the R series parts book. Appears the three hoses on the R160's is the same as the front on R130, IH p/n 48150HA
I then went to Rockauto's site. They show having the hoses for the R130 which should be the same. You should check it out for yourself and verify.
Good luck and have fun.
Dennis

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:35 pm

Re: R-162 flexible brake lines

Much appreciated.

Return to L, R and S