W/S washers

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:33 pm

W/S washers

Was just wondering ............. has anyone here put W/S washer setup on their L/R/S model ? I'd like to do that, but don't really want to drill holes in my
cowl, and can't figure out how to route the hose to nozzles on the hood, since it tips up from both sides. Thought maybe someone else had already had a
brainstorm to solve this dilemma .......... ???

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:29 pm

Re: W/S washers

One way would be to use ( or make the OEM) wet arms, with the nozzles on the arms themselves. "Clip on" nozzles are made for some Jeep application and I use these on one of my semi's when I need replacements. ANCO 48-13, You would have to check that these will clip onto the arms you have. You then will need a "feed thru" to pass the hose thru the cowl.
Windshield washer fitting
575147C1 (inner nut/fitting)
575148C1 (outer block fitting)
The above part numbers are active part numbers for IHC 9670 and they are a feed thru for washer, 90 deg on one side and straight on the other. On the 9670 they have the 90 deg on the outside and the straight on the inside.

Another way is to place the nozzle on the cowl and bypass the hood altogether (Fleetstar's do this).

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:21 pm

I Googled, windshield washer nozzles and there were hundreds of pictures. You may be able to get some ideas from these options.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:40 pm

CB89----thanks for all the info !!!!! Sounds like a plan------ although, I do still want to figure out a way to get the fluid up and out, without drilling
thru the cowl.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:10 pm

Short of running the hose on the outside, I don't think there is a way, That is why they use feed thru's . either you need to make the nozzle as the feed thru like the Fleetstar does, or you need to use the feed thru the 9670 does.
done correctly it is a "clean" install.

Return to L, R and S