My new R180


IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Posts: 539

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:50 pm

Location: Durham, NC

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:55 am

Re: My new R180

jorge-sc wrote:Looking to your truck pictures, I could see that your doors are the shorter windows style, the same of the L series trucks.

Jorge

Thanks. Jon had said the swing down door handles indicate that too.
Matt H.
My toys:
1953 L-Series truck
1957 Buick Special
1978 Cadillac Superior Hearse

Yard Art
Yard Art

Posts: 60

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:39 pm

Location: Brazil

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: My new R180

Your truck has a two speed rear axle. Is it an R 184 model ?

Jorge

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Posts: 539

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:50 pm

Location: Durham, NC

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:59 pm

Re: My new R180

jorge-sc wrote:Your truck has a two speed rear axle. Is it an R 184 model ?

Jorge


Not sure. Shes not home yet.
Matt H.
My toys:
1953 L-Series truck
1957 Buick Special
1978 Cadillac Superior Hearse

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Posts: 4563

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Location: Lyman, IA

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:26 pm

Re: My new R180

Looking at your pic's you can see a red knob on the side of the shifter. That would be for an electric shift two speed. In your case, I would bet an electric motor shifter, but I use the same switch for my electric over air shifted two speeds.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Posts: 539

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:50 pm

Location: Durham, NC

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: My new R180

cornbinder89 wrote:Looking at your pic's you can see a red knob on the side of the shifter. That would be for an electric shift two speed. In your case, I would bet an electric motor shifter, but I use the same switch for my electric over air shifted two speeds.

Oh yes its electric 2spd rear... Just dont know if it's an R184. Can't wait to get it here and have an excuse to wear my coveralls.
Attachments
20190117_190426-480x853.jpg
Matt H.
My toys:
1953 L-Series truck
1957 Buick Special
1978 Cadillac Superior Hearse

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Posts: 136

Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:47 am

Location: Woodbury, CT.

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 am

Re: My new R180

I know this truck, I've driven by it a hundred times! The guy had a few Internationals at one point, not sure now, haven' been by there in a few months. From what I saw it is a good looking rig, I hope all goes well with the acquisition.
1952 L-112 Long Bed

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Posts: 539

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:50 pm

Location: Durham, NC

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:24 am

Re: My new R180

goyanks1 wrote:I know this truck, I've driven by it a hundred times! The guy had a few Internationals at one point, not sure now, haven' been by there in a few months. From what I saw it is a good looking rig, I hope all goes well with the acquisition.

Small world. He still has 5 others. Each nicer than the one before.
Matt H.
My toys:
1953 L-Series truck
1957 Buick Special
1978 Cadillac Superior Hearse

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Posts: 539

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:50 pm

Location: Durham, NC

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:20 pm

Re: My new R180

She's loaded up and runnin' from the pending New England snow......
Attachments
IMG_00841.jpg
Matt H.
My toys:
1953 L-Series truck
1957 Buick Special
1978 Cadillac Superior Hearse

Site Admin
Site Admin

Posts: 4913

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:10 am

Location: Nampa, Idaho

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:19 pm

Re: My new R180

Looks like a capable set up to move it, did it cost much more? Excitement is mounting!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Posts: 539

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:50 pm

Location: Durham, NC

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:31 am

Re: My new R180

lbesq wrote:Looks like a capable set up to move it, did it cost much more? Excitement is mounting!

Yea like 400 more... But at least it's on its way
Attachments
20190119_080727.jpg
20190119_080734_2.jpg
20190119_080710_2.jpg
Matt H.
My toys:
1953 L-Series truck
1957 Buick Special
1978 Cadillac Superior Hearse
PreviousNext

Return to L, R and S

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.