Truck emblem price

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Truck emblem price

What is a good price for the eblems that say INTERNATIONAL and go on the sides of the cowl?

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:39 pm

Re: Truck emblem price

Would $60 be overpaying? For two of them emblems together.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:29 pm

I think price is determined by the scarcity of the item. Shop a round and see who else has them and for what price. If no one else does you then have to decide how badly you want them or how long you are willing to wait until you do find the parts you need. My own observation is that I don't see as many used parts for these trucks online or in my area as I did 8 years ago when I was working on my L truck.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:05 pm

I am going to get my daughter to scan any emblems that I think I might need. From the scan, we can built a file and then 3D print the emblem. I am thinking that I should have CUMMINS 4bta printed is a script that matches the original INTERNATIONAL My daughter told me that it is better if I spend time on making the emblems as good as possible. She said that she can change to any script I can think of.
3D printed letters for a reproduction tailgate is another possibility.
If you can buy two INTERNATIONAL side badges for $60, I would say that is a good deal. If you do not act, you may lose the opportunity.
Some of those side badges came in pressed stainless steel. I have one set, and maybe a second set.
Watch for old big IHC trucks that have had layers of company paint over the emblems. It has been my experience that the paint protects the badge/emblem. The box looking COE cabs of the 1960s had some beautiful script.
Attachments
300D DIESEL INTERNATIONAL.jpg
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Thanks for your input!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:22 am

What truck is it for , I have several sets for KB 6

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:59 am

And once the emblems are 3D printed, they can be “chromed” by a new process out now that is used by auto cos. to chrome their trim pieces. It’s quicker and cheaper than the full on chroming process used for metal. I don’t know all of the steps, but here again Google the paint chroming process and follow any links to find someone to inquire about doing your pieces. I know there is a place in the Tampa area that has developed their own equipment and process and is doing football helmets, motorcycles, jet skies and even does a horseshoe crab shell just to prove they can chrome virtually anything. If you can paint it, it can be chrome! A friend and his son went to their place and went thru a training class to see how hard it is to do. They were thinking about opening a business doing the chroming on pieces for 4x4 trucks. $18-20k to buy equipment and get started. They’re still evaluating whether they want to spend the money. The process is out there, you just have to do a little looking. And BTW. You can even get the chrome tinted to your choice of color. A TV show I watched a couple of weeks ago painted the Riviera green and tinted it’s bumpers and trim a matching green chrome. That customizer was in NY I think.

I found their site: spectrachrome.com
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:42 pm

EmanM18 wrote:Would $60 be overpaying? For two of them emblems together.

Probably not, but what condition are they in? Condition varies widely. I saw a pair on epay last year that had been rechromed and looked better than new for $70 each. Probably should have bought them, though they would make the rest of my emblems look bad. The other end of the spectrum have corrosion, bubbling of the chrome, etc.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:35 pm

I went ahead and bought them for $60. They are in good condition with all mounting pins on the back intact. Most of the chrome is still present. I bought them for my l110. The guy said they are about 13 inches long, and from what I remembered the ones for the l110 were supposed to be about 13 and a half inches long.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:20 pm

Sounds like they were well bought. You definitely did not over pay.
Next

Return to L, R and S