S Cab disassembly

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:01 pm

Re: S Cab disassembly

Terrell wrote:Nic, I agree totally. It’s the only way to get to the rust,The inside bottom on my truck was so full of crap everything had plugged up. I was just commenting on being able to get to the backside of the cab corners, as I remember they are pretty much a sealed unit. The only access being from the top of the corner inside the cab.
T

Correct. You can't get inside the cab corners without removing the outer skin, other than the drain holes. I think It will be easier to get at all the rust and crud if the cab is in three main sections. There is a thick layers of hard as rock black stuff under the cab floor, probably tar/asphalt. I think it will be worth the trouble of taking cab apart. I don't want to be chipping away at the stuff with a hammer and chisel on my back.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:24 pm

"I don't want to be chipping away at the stuff with a hammer and chisel on my back." That is an unusual place to have your hammer and chisel.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:48 am

I'd rather be sitting on my stool and using a softener to loosened up that crap. :o
Previous

Return to L, R and S