Hand Throttle

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:36 pm

Hand Throttle

The cable is missing on my S 120 for the hand throttle and I'd like to get it working again as it's a feature I enjoy on old trucks. I seem to remember on my L112 a provision for it on the carburetor linkage but the Holley on my S has nothing like that. I did spot what looks like a cable ferrule on the linkage near the firewall before it enters the cross over through the engine block. Is that the attachment point for this truck? If it is I don't see a way to hook the cable up and not end up with a stuck throttle situation. Typical of me I'm probably missing something here. Does any one have a parts diagram or photograph of how this should be set up or verbally coach me through this. Any and all help would be appreciated.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:56 pm

Re: Hand Throttle

That's the spot - on the linkage on the left side of the engine. The cable passes loose through the ferrule, and then has a cable stop. So when you pull out on the hand throttle, it pulls the linkage back. When the hand throttle is pushed in, and you step on the accelerator, the ferrule slides back freely on the cable. Hope that makes sense.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:10 pm

Re: Hand Throttle

That does. Thanks!
56 S120 4x4,

Return to L, R and S