L110 body

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:23 am

L110 body

I'm just curious about some opinions and information on this. I like to see classic cars on the road, but as you all already know, the stock L110 is not a commuter vehicle. What amount would it cost to put this truck body on a different frame/chassis/motor/etc so I can use it on a regular basis? I've read about Tacoma and Dakota frames being used, so are the motors also being swapped?
Obviously , I don't know much about mechanical life since I am asking. I just don't have time to do this on my own, and I've a more realistic need for commuting 50 miles daily than for a wood hauler.
Might as well ask it: I'm in Indiana...is there someone relatively nearby that is interested in doing this job with me/for me for compensation?
Please refrain from telling me to buy a new vehicle if I want a commuter, that opinion/info is not what is being asked.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:54 am

Re: L110 body

The swap can be done, Monsonmotors has done this very thing, you might PM or Email him for some "words". I hope that someone is close to help, but as I am sure you are aware, it is NOT a cheap adventure. Others have put an explorer 8.8 rear end under along with a drive line redone. Some engine mods(if your motor is in great shape, such as a turbo. Still, these options are not inexpensive. Good luck in your pursuit.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:56 am

Re: L110 body

Go to the top of the page to 50s hotrod, and the build off threads, read back as many pages as you can,

There is a ton of information on what you are asking, and you will have a better idea of what to look forward to,

That being said, I drove stone stock L series daily for years, other than how thirsty they are I was satisfied with the limits of the truck.
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Return to L, R and S