Window Crank?

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu May 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Re: Window Crank?

These window crank handles automatically change from left to right at the precise moment a person starts to crank the window up or down.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri May 11, 2018 3:06 pm

Hey gang! I’m just waking the truck up for the spring.

No, I haven’t found a crank yet. I will reach out by PM and let you know how that goes!

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Wed May 16, 2018 12:58 am

I think I may have jumped the gun. Below is a picture of what I found in my parts box. It look like it could work until the real deal is found. Anyone recognize this handle? I included a copy of a 'smooth' IH handle for reference.
Attachments
Handle 2.jpg
Handle 2
Handle 1.jpg
handle 1
56 S-120 4x4 started the whole mess.
S-132 dually longbed,
S-120 4x4 Travelall,
S144 Forestry truck,
S160 Holmes tow

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri May 18, 2018 6:45 am

H.Huester wrote:Ferbs:

I have a yard here in town with numerous '50s -era Internationals (1/2, 3/4, 1, 1.5 ton, Fire Engine). I'm headed there on Friday (9 Mar) to collect a bunch of odds/ends parts I need. If you don't have a lead by then - let me know and I'll pick one up for you. Post a picture in the meantime for a good match.

Heinz

Hi Heinz
Would you have a couple of parts i need to finish up my 1950 l130
Need passenger taillight assembly with bracket
Also a hood badge,the plastic piece with the triple diamonds logo
Thanks
Rick

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri May 18, 2018 8:30 am

Rick, I might burst your bubble, but the original L130 (110’s & 120’s) didn’t come from the factory with passenger side taillights. That era saw only one taillight at the back of most tucks. Since then, owners have found numerous ways to replicate what is on the left side for use on the right side. You may need to get creative and devise a bracket for the right side and find an additional taillight or use your creativity to adapt modern boat trailer taillights to the back of your truck. That one original taillight also provided lighting for the license tag so if you get another original, it will shine light down that may go to waste unless you paint over that particular lens or find another solution. If you want to have matching lights at the back of your truck, I found that replacement taillights that are usually for ‘55-‘58 Chevy stepside trucks are a close look-a-like, however, not exactly the same. They are available from Speedway Motors in black steel, chrome or polished stainless steel and other suppliers including LMC and Classic Chevy. Look around and you may find other lights that could be substituted. You’ll still need to be creative with the brackets.
Next, that plastic insert for the hood ornament is possibly the rarest piece of plastic on the face of the earth or nearly so. They almost always are cracked, broken, missing and/or the paint logo is flaked totally away. There have been efforts documented on this forum of individuals trying to recast them with some moderate success. Finding one in good shape is tough and if you do, it may be expensive unless you are the luckiest guy alive to find a good one on a truck tucked away in a barn and the owner doesn’t have a clue to what he owns. It’s not something you are going to just pick on a casual visit to the local auto re-cycler. It’s easier to find front bumpers than it is to find that piece of plastic in any kind of good condition. Sorry man.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat May 26, 2018 3:15 pm

Rick, already looked for the hood badge myself - none to be found in the yard. Sorry...

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat May 26, 2018 10:31 pm

Previous

Return to L, R and S