L110 Grille WANTED

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:25 pm

L110 Grille WANTED

I have a 1950 International L110, and I am looking to see if anyone might have a grille for this truck for sale. Mine is pretty bent up and the turn signal holes are rusted all the way around.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: L110 Grille WANTED

Unobtainium, good luck
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Don’t have anything to help you out other than info. You may want to check out a late entry in the Diamonds in the Rough section. Shows a farmer parting out an L and an R. Doesn’t say anything about grill though but doesn’t mean you can’t ask about one. One thing you may run into is the cost of shipping if you do find one. Unfortunately it may be more cost effective to find a complete truck with what you need if one exist near you. Grilles are usually bent up at least some and the way they are made means the areas around the parking lights are likely also going to be rusted through some. A couple of guys on this forum probably have extra grills, but they are located on the western coast and may not desire to sell one. Again shipping will be noticeable. Good luck!!
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:25 pm

Lloyd had a 1950 "L". Maybe he could sell the grill to you.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Thank you for the help!

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Can rusted out steel be fixed?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Yes, in general terms. The more rust there is to repair the higher the price of the fix.
The pictured grill will cost $300 - $500 to fix properly. I live in Western Canada and for me, shipping to the USA is a big PITA. I was told I should have a USA commerce permit and that was hundreds of dollars. My giving parts away, at that time, made not difference.
Attachments
L grill.jpg
spare grill

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:35 pm

Ok thank you!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Is this grill better than the one you have? I have a one NOS "L" grill that is going to go on my son's L110
TIP:
Just under the headlight and the turn/clearance lights there is a shelf that is part of the OEM construction. I like to drill several 2 inch holes in this ledge to let the water and road rash drop out. The moisture and the mud that collects in this place is the cause of the rust.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:50 pm

I do have a grill that was on the front of a 1950 L150. No I do not have any mustache bars. The grill on the L150 truck is exactly the same as the smaller trucks except for these differences. The larger truck has one more mustache bar that is longer than the two top ones, the cutout for the frame rails is shallower than the ones on the smaller truck. Make the cutouts as deep as the grill on your smaller truck, fill the holes for the longer mustache bar and "Bobs your uncle" Generally these grills are not as beat up as the ones on the smaller trucks, because they sat a bit higher up off the ground. I have seen folks take the "bottom" from a Chevy and graft it in under the headlights, it gave them a more standard round "park light" It looked good to me. I know that the member in Sweden is no longer on the forum, lost him back in 2012 to the hack. As was mentioned, you might try looking for a larger truck for parts. Because they are bigger, they are no as popular. You might have to go some distance to find or if you can get a grill alone, to pay the price for shipping.
Next

Return to L, R and S