Cab Front Sheet Metal

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:24 pm

Cab Front Sheet Metal

Does anyone have some good clear pictures of the front inside sheet metal panels (Driver and Passenger) of the cab? If so please post or PM me with them. This is a 55 R-100. Mine are a little rotten as you can see, but I need some clear pictures to see how the inside sheet metal is formed to try and make something that will work to hold the outside sheet metal.
I'm going to try and do it myself as I'm getting back on my feet from a health issue, but I'm no fabricator or metal worker, and for sure don't have the money to farm it out. So I'm trying to do some fix up as I can and put back together while i can, age and health permitting.

Thanks
Attachments
Outside Passenger-reduced.jpg
From outside the cab on the passenger side front
Inside Dr Side-Reduced.jpg
Looking inside at the driver side
Inside Pass-Reduced.jpg
Looking inside at the passenger side

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:21 am

Re: Cab Front Sheet Metal

This area is where the cowl section and the floor section bot together. It may not be possible to rebuild this cab and make it safe, again. These cabs have to be strong to resist the flexing of the frame. A collision could cause the cab to dissemble and might injure or kill the occupants.
I do not see any good reason to continue with this rebuild because of the amount of serious rusting. There are lots of good trucks available and getting one shipped, even a long distance, will be less expensive than trying to rebuild what you have. This is the truth and it might not be easy to accept.
You mention that you have no experience with metal work. This makes the repair impossible.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:02 am

there are some pictures in my build thread that will at least show you what it looks like. I had to make some of those pieces....although, the rust was not near as bad as what you are showing.

I didnt have much metal working experience either, but i did purchase tools to help me along.

Good luck with that one, she looks pretty rough

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:04 am

Image54 IHC by isu_phi, on Flickr

Image54 IHC by isu_phi, on Flickr

Return to L, R and S