Sloppy Pedals No More

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Sloppy Pedals No More

I had worn out bushing on the R 100 Clutch and Brake pedal shaft. wasn't able to find replacement bushings, and since the shaft was wore in an oval shape even if I did they'd still be sloppy. Had a Buddy with a Lathe turn a new shaft out of 1 3/8" dia. mech. tubing he turned the ends of the shaft down to 1 1/4" to accept my new bushings that pressed right into my pedals. I tack welded it back in place and cut some ways for grease to flow after drilling the bushings for the grease zerks. Seems to have taken car of the wear situation. Just thought I'd pass this along. Hope the pics. are able to post. Sandusky
Attachments
20130206_111308_resized.jpg
20130206_111323_resized.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:52 pm

Re: Sloppy Pedals No More

nice job, looks better than factory.
kevin

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Good job Sandusky! I was in a similar situation and was going the same direction until I happened upon a bracket and pivit with very little wear. That's some really heavy pipe you've got there!

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:16 pm

That looks great! I just reinstalled my system last night. My parts were not worn on that end... only on the other end bracket. The previous owner had brazed a few washers on the bracket to repair the bushing mount. I was able to salvage everything by welding the worn spots on the shaft and punching out the washers and pressing in a new bronze bushing. Came out great!

FredD
How many hobbies can 1 guy have? (My wife wants to know...)

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:30 pm

nice job, looks great! my brother's L-160 bus was so worn, the whole thing fell off while on a road trip, kinda hard to drive a bus with no clutch,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Return to L, R and S