IH S-110 chassi number

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:04 pm

IH S-110 chassi number

Hi there,

I recently bought an 1957 IH S-110, I would really like to know some more informations about this pickup such as:

Where to find the VIN number on the frame(chassi)?
Actually there is a plate (tag) which says: S-110 WB:115 Serial number: 1238** (two last digits not legible)...

Which plant my S-110 was assembled? Fort Wayne, Springfield, Metro, Emervylle? Am I able to find it out based on those serial numbers, even if the last two number are missing(not legible)?

Perhaps there are some more informations that I would like to know, but don't know how to ask.......

Thanks in advance for any help

P. Avila

PS: Please see a picture of the Rescue day
Attachments
S-110 (640x479).jpg
IH S-110 looking for some ID

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:33 am

Re: IH S-110 chassi number

brazils110 wrote:Hi there,

I recently bought an 1957 IH S-110, I would really like to know some more informations about this pickup such as:

Where to find the VIN number on the frame(chassi)? on the left front frame rail, by or infront of the steering box, front spring hanger
Actually there is a plate (tag) which says: S-110 WB:115 Serial number: 1238** (two last digits not legible)...

Which plant my S-110 was assembled? Fort Wayne, Springfield, Metro, Emervylle? Am I able to find it out based on those serial numbers, even if the last two number are missing(not legible)? http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/compoundobject/collection/ihc/id/5529/rec/12

Perhaps there are some more informations that I would like to know, but don't know how to ask.......

Thanks in advance for any help

P. Avila

PS: Please see a picture of the Rescue day
Google search: 1956 international s110

Return to L, R and S