New wiring harness

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:36 pm

New wiring harness

I've been searching the forums ,and am waiting for responses from several harness mfgs. Can any one give us direction on a good supplier of a harness? We're converting to 12 volt neg. ground . I'm aware we'll need resistors to knock the voltage down to run sending units /gauges,instrumentation that sort of stuff.also adding A/C and Sound System.Any help appreciated. Thanks,Sandusky

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:44 am

Re: New wiring harness

I will continue to use Rebel wire kits on all my projects. The price, quality and customer support is incredible. Can't recommend them enough.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:03 pm

Thanks g-force. I spoke to the guys at rebel wire this a.m. looks like they can set me up with what we need,also where to go to get resistors and that sort of thing to save my gauges from roasting. As always this site has a great deal of info. and I appreciate the willingness to share knowledge. Sandusky

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:39 pm

The best harness seller is the one with the best customer support for the buyer and his project. The bottom line is the components can be sourced by the harness builder, from the same suppliers. I like RON FRANCIS WIRE WORKS, because there is something about their products that make me feel just right. I have used PAINLESS PERFORMANCE and there was little difference and it worked. RON FRANCIS has some nice features that might explain why RF costs just a little more $$$. I am going to check our Rebel Wire, now.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Return to L, R and S