Wisconsinjimmy's 1950 L-110

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Wisconsinjimmy's 1950 L-110

I will try and get the link to the photo page working and then fill in from there.
http://s1283.photobucket.com/albums/a55 ... %20Pickup/

Can someone advise me as to the bolt size for mounting the foot board, seems I am missing the bolts. Thanks
Jim

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Wisconsinjimmy's 1950 L-110

You will probably have to remind me, but I will see if I can find those bolt sizes for you. To be precise, Not running board, but inside the cab? One of those panels on the floor board?

Lloyd

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:14 am

Looks great, I really wish I had that windshield though LOL I have to mod mine so I can install a split windshield frame so I can afford the glass. :)

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:05 pm

Got the bolts they are 5/16 fine but due to the cost I have re-tapped to 5/16 course. Had to split the cover as the passenger side was pretty rotted and the drivers side not as much but to get the tin to fit it was easier to split on the center redo each side and weld back together.
Jim

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Nice truck. When I started my project years ago I bought a reprinted manual from a site i found on the old old IHC site. All my links are on an old computer that the operating software fubared so I can't get to it right away. I will try later, but it was worth the money.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:11 pm

yesterday I put the paint stripper to the back outside of the cab and I now remember WHY I still have 3/4 gal of stripper left what a bloody mess, well could have been worse seein how it had at least 3 coats of rattle can on it. Original color was some type of light grey or really dirty white. Today I took the grinder to her and stripped all that was left done to a very shiny surface from about 6" above the rear windows down to the bolts at the bottom. I also removed all of the bolts so I could get a metal conditioner to run through and in the end I will pry apart enough so I can squeeze fusor into the seam. I bought some of that POR 15 metal prep (save your money) it is the same stuff that PPG puts out only diff is POR mixed it for you. http://www.bapspaint.com/docs/psheets/P ... /P-226.pdf
DX 520 is the same stuff and you can buy it at most shops where PPG is sold. Also you will not have to pay the outlandish shipping charges. Will get some pics up tomorrow. I need to strip a bit more paint on the back of the roof that way when I lay it over I will not have to lay on the floor. I have to get at the cab mounts and the floor board structure to weld up the new tin I put in. Hav a good evenin stay warm.
Jim

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:33 pm

I am bad forgot to take pics again but when ya not feelin 100%. Today I had to weld 1/8" steel to the bottom of the cab where the cab mount bolts go, it was fairly rusted and I decided on the extra gauge to give this area some strength. I am even considering mounting air bags under the cab for a smoother ride as it will get rid of back slap on the roads.

Return to L, R and S