"55" Cambrian Coral Paint

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:49 pm

"55" Cambrian Coral Paint

We've got a "55" R 100 with the orig. paint faded we want to put it back to orig. color which was Cambrian Coral. So far we haven't had much luck with local paint shops matching the color. I've had them run the Ditzler number 70714 without alot of luck. even the paint eye or what ever they call it seems to fall short. Does anyone have a paint code that will replicate the orig. color? and maybe pics. of your project using that paint? Thanks in advance. Sandusky

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:34 pm

Re: "55" Cambrian Coral Paint

Hey, with that colour on your pickup you are all set up to sell MARY KAY. Is there a chance that hot pink will have your truck pulling left and maybe " a drive on the wild side?"
http://youtu.be/0KaWSOlASWc
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Take a look at TCP Global's Color Library at: http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/
Fill in the year and make in the Classic auto section. The IH color chart comes up and gives two numbers one is IH paint code the other is the Ditzler number. They show you can buy from them. I used their chart to find the color for my 64 Scout took the Ditzler number to NAPA and the guy grumbled a lot but eventually found the old Ditzler numbers and made a perfect match. Think he said Ditzler was absorbed by PPG paint.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Yeah I know it's not your average color,but it's getting wide white wall radials from Coker, but it's a Family truck. Besides my Son's got Canned Hams for Biceps. If it Doesn't bother him then it Doesn't bother me. :D

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:51 pm

Here's another good paint "chart",just pick the year.
http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedi ... 0Harvester
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:12 pm

I am 6'4" and all of that stuff, but I wear pink twice a year to show my support for those who have been bullied. The Neanderthals that I had for friends used to comment on the pink and a few of them really believed the colour had the power to change me into a different person with different interests. My youngest brother is Gay and he came out of the closet nearly 50 years ago. He does not wear pink or have affected speech or walk differently. He is physically fit and is built similar to the Terminator. Unless he is sending out some subliminal signals that I missed, I would never have known that he was any different. My brother has three Doctors degrees in architecture and related sciences, he teaches in a university. I found a few of his partners a little annoying, but I don't have to hang out with any of them. I say this, "It takes some kahunas to have pink anything." Good on you. I am sure the Binder will look just great.
A funny story. My brother called to say how annoyed he is with the intuitive spelling and word selection on his new Smart iPhone. He said that he had texted one of his friends to meet him for a gelato and the phone corrected to felatio. I had to ask if they went to Ben and Jerry's. He said that he hated me and then laughed. He drives a Jeep Wrangler

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:25 am

sandusky,
You might try a PPG paint distributor. Ditzler was bought out by PPG. A PPG distributor in my area told me he could cross all the old Ditzler color codes. I haven't actually put his claim to the test, however.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:04 pm

nikinutshop wrote:Hey, with that colour on your pickup you are all set up to sell MARY KAY. Is there a chance that hot pink will have your truck pulling left and maybe " a drive on the wild side?"

nikkinutshop wrote:I am 6'4" and all of that stuff, but I wear pink twice a year to show my support for those who have been bullied. The Neanderthals that I had for friends used to comment on the pink and a few of them really believed the colour had the power to change me into a different person with different interests. My youngest brother is Gay and he came out of the closet nearly 50 years ago. He does not wear pink or have affected speech or walk differently. He is physically fit and is built similar to the Terminator. Unless he is sending out some subliminal signals that I missed, I would never have known that he was any different. My brother has three Doctors degrees in architecture and related sciences, he teaches in a university. I found a few of his partners a little annoying, but I don't have to hang out with any of them. I say this, "It takes some kahunas to have pink anything." Good on you. I am sure the Binder will look just great.
A funny story. My brother called to say how annoyed he is with the intuitive spelling and word selection on his new Smart iPhone. He said that he had texted one of his friends to meet him for a gelato and the phone corrected to felatio. I had to ask if they went to Ben and Jerry's. He said that he hated me and then laughed. He drives a Jeep Wrangler

I really don't see what this has to do with this color paint.
1956 S-102 Short Bed BD240

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:36 pm

If that is a confession, you should feel better. Well that is the theory.

I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."
Missouri's U.S. Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Here's an update , I spoke with the PPG automotive paint supplier thats just 40 miles down the road, he has been able to use the EYE of the computer to match the color and it looks real close when the paint is wet, problem is when it dries it turns kinda PINK. I'm going to meet with him after the 1st of the year. He says alot of times the old numbers to new formulas weren't done real close. We may even jumping ship and find a Coral from another auto mfg. and go with that. Let's face it you guys are the only ones that would know I cheated :oops: Anybody got any Coral/Salmon, car colors I could check out? All I gotta do is find one that my Wife likes! Thanks, Sandusky
Next

Return to L, R and S