S line vent window rubber

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:38 am

S line vent window rubber

S line vent window rubber, anyone have a source for the vent window rubber for the S lines??? M in need!!!!!!!

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:07 am

Re: S line vent window rubber

Have you checked with Restoration Specialties? Do you have a "sample" that you can take into a "Restoration" shop, some of those folks have Books with Lots of different styles of "trim" and rubber products. I am thinking that some of the other vehicles out there used the same styles as IH, After all a window channel is a window channel and most all vent windows operated in the same manner and I would think that the rubber would be the same or close enough. Just my thoughts. If you do search out and find a good match, please let the rest know. Thank you

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Lloyd, last I knew no one was making vent window rubber weatherstrips for the late R and the S series. I've heard of folks buying TWO of each vent window seal for the L and early R-series, and doing a "cut-and-paste" with black silicone. Not an ideal solution, but a couple of years back, it was the ONLY game in town.
My posts contain my own opinions...your mileage may vary, void where prohibited, objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:21 am

Just a week ago I talked with a fellow at the "End of The World Rod Run" on Long Beach, Washington. He is from Olympia Washington and had his restored 56 S100 there. He had new vent window rubber and I asked him about them. Said somebody specially made them. He plans to come and check out some parts trucks I have. When he does I will try and get the info on his vent seals and pass it along here. I will be needing some myself at some point.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:15 am

Class-tech-cars username jackjilli on eBay. Can get them custom made in 3wks. Haven't ordered a set yet but I will this winter.
'55 IH R-122- BG265 w/TBI fuel injection
'64 Porsche 356 C
'68 and '73 BMW 2002s
‘14 VW Passat SE TSI
3 Vintage Sears garden tractors ('66-'74)

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:13 am

OutBack parts made them, but they sent me two drivers side seals. No instructions, and it was a real fist fight to even get the the drivers side in. I sent the passenger side back, and they agreed to send me a replacement. That was about a month ago now. Follow up phone calls with them and they have told me that the mold broke for the passenger side. So, I am in a box. Restoration Specialties does not have them. I will try Chad as i did not know he could get them. if he cant get them I will go the R line route with cut and paste. Thanks all, Appreciated.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:46 am

Guys, i communicated with Chad White at Class Tech this morning. He does have a source and is checking price and turn time for me. i will post when i hear back from him. Thanks for the information.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:01 pm

Update, the vent window rubbers from Chad at Class Tech are super, great fit, holes are punched in the correct position for the pivots and they only took 2 and a half weeks to get them. These are vastly superior to the product offered by some others, and the service is far far better. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:57 pm

That's good to hear.
'55 IH R-122- BG265 w/TBI fuel injection
'64 Porsche 356 C
'68 and '73 BMW 2002s
‘14 VW Passat SE TSI
3 Vintage Sears garden tractors ('66-'74)

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:09 am

I agree. Very good to know.

Thanks,

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.
Next

Return to L, R and S