Delco 1107156 starter parts diagram request

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:11 am

Delco 1107156 starter parts diagram request

Can someone please share the Delco 1107156 starter parts diagram from the IH MT103 Parts Manual? My starter is getting slower each day and I know it needs help. Before making any decisions I need the part numbers for replacement coils, armature, bushings, etc. so I can price shop.

Starter ID tag.jpg

Thanks,

-Jake

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:11 am

Re: Delco 1107156 starter parts diagram request

Maybe one to get you running while you search and repair.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133045277326

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:46 pm

Re: Delco 1107156 starter parts diagram request

I think you might like to check your ground connections before you fire the part cannon. It is best to have a ground cable direct from the battery to the engine block as near the starter as is possible. Check your battery and make sure it has a full charge. Your starter may need nothing more than a new set of brushes.
Another fail point is a lack of good ground for the cab. A designated ground from the cab to the battery is a good idea. I have seen a Boden Cable for a choke turn red hot because it was the last ground for a cab.
I an not going to suggest that you change to 1`2 volts, but 12 volts is a major improvement.
A local person might have more than a dozen 6 volt starters, because I gave it all to him. . I bought the contents of a storage unit and along with 7 truck loads of IHC L&R stuff, there was starters, carburetors, generators, more than a dozen under-dash heaters.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Return to L, R and S