oil pressure sending unit

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri May 07, 2021 5:10 pm

oil pressure sending unit

Does anybody know if there is a currently available oil pressure sending unit which will work with the original equipment oil pressure gauge in a 1953 International R110 pickup with a silver diamond 220 cu in
6 cylinder engine?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri May 07, 2021 6:54 pm

Re: oil pressure sending unit

https://bobdrake.com/products/1946-53-c ... be67&_ss=r
You might try the Ford unit. Ford used the King Seely gauges like International. Maybe someone else on this forum will have a positive answer, for you.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri May 07, 2021 10:47 pm

The IH part number is 84779HB. You might be able to cross-reference that to another brand, or find one on Ebay.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sun May 09, 2021 3:56 pm

If you do try that Ford one or find another one that works please let the group know! I used my original and fit it into the 302 V8 and I THINK it's working accurately but I would rather KNOW my oil pressure with a new motor before I start driving it regularly. Side note... Advice from the experts? I'm good with mechanical work but still a rookie with electrical. Going from 6v Pos ground to 12v Neg ground I assumed I would need to use the original sending unit. The reason for my assumption is that I'm guessing that uses variable resistance to the gauge like a fuel or temp sender so using a 12v unit on a 6v gauge would give me false readings... right? Thanks!
Custom jobs require custom solutions

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun May 09, 2021 5:13 pm

Best way is to fit a 12 to 6 volt converter and move all your not easy to change to 12 volt stuff, to feed off a 6 volt buss.
In the LRS that use vacuum wipers that only really leave the gauges, the K's I would feed the wipers motors off the 6 volt buss as well.

Return to L, R and S