S series measurements.

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Rex

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:12 am

S series measurements.

Would anyone happen to have some measurements handy? Looking for at least firewall to center of front axle, or front cab mount to center of front axle. I have an S160 cab and front clip that I’m going to put on a 79 f 150 chassis. But looking at pictures of say an s110 pickup and a s160 cab/chassis, it looks like the steer axle is farther ahead on the cab/chassis than a pickup. Maybe it’s just how differently the fenders are shaped. I plan to do something with the current fenders till I run across the proper pickup fenders some day.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:31 pm

Re: S series measurements.

I will bet more persons know Marylin Monroe's measurements than the answer to your question. :t3717:
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:50 pm

I answered with a measurement for the guy and got no acknowledgement or thanks so I pulled my post.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:10 pm

That happens now and then on this forum. You have to do it for your own good feelings. I have given up.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:20 pm

Skroom! :lol:
56 S120 4x4,

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:11 pm

I do not know if you guys can pull up a profile, but if so, you would see that he was on the day he posted. Has not logged in since. There is that, some people have stuff that comes up. As I tell new folks, give it time for an answer, perhaps give it time to be seen?

Rex

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:00 pm

Well I guess I missed out on what I was looking for, I been busy and the board didn’t look like it got an immense amount of traffic so I wasn’t in a hurry. Figured my question was a long shot anyway. So I apologize for not checking more often and giving credit where credit is due.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:00 am

Rex wrote:Well I guess I missed out on what I was looking for, I been busy and the board didn’t look like it got an immense amount of traffic so I wasn’t in a hurry. Figured my question was a long shot anyway. So I apologize for not checking more often and giving credit where credit is due.

Rex the dimension I came up with was 13-1/2 inches. That was measured off the vertical portion of the firewall with a tape measure and sighting
down on the center of the axle below. While not 100% accurate is very close and is a good ballpark figure for you.
56 S120 4x4,

Rex

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:56 am

Thank you Binder Mike! that’s close enough to eyeball my truck. If it’s right close to that then I’ll be able to pull my measurements from the S chassis.

Return to L, R and S