Re: L110 Radiator top mounts question

nicely done
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:29 pm

My 51 L had a set of bent rods that ran from the shock mounts to the radiator mounts tat I'm 100% sure were factory. Unfortunately this is my parts truck and disassembled so I can't send pics fully assembled but if you still need I could send pics of the rods or even sell them cheap if you want OEM parts. My 54 R had the 2nd set of holes on the shock mounts but did NOT come with the rods. Case in point that you really don't NEED them but in my mind if they were there they were put there for a reason?
Custom jobs require custom solutions

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:05 am

I have not added a picture in quite sometime so this may not go well, however the battery box should be mount to the frame close to the radiator. I also used the later upper raditor supports. Also note that the rod bracket to the frame vs to the shock support.
Attachments
Front end body 099.jpg
battery location
Terryl51
Retired
1951 L-112 International Long Bed. Stock as I could make it!! 1974 200 3/4 ton bonus load to pull it with!!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:50 pm

I have found the radiator support rods interesting. I have owned 14 of these L&R trucks and not one of them had this option. My first thought was, the rods might have been an option for rough service applications. But, my "R" crewcab was in service at a mine service truck and these rods were not on the truck. There is the real possibility that the rods may have been the first casualty of someone not knowing what they were for and removed them. 785
Thanks for the pictures.
I looked in my IH parts catalogues and the rods are not shown. Is it possible someone may have added them?
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:01 pm

They are shown in the US L series MT-63, and my 1950 has them. The one on the passenger side is like Terryl51's, bolting through the battery tray, and the one on the left bolting to the shock tower. And no brackets from the radiator cradle to the inner fenders. Must have changed somewhere during the L series production.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:53 am

"S" Model Mount
Attachments
RAD2.jpg
RAD 1.jpg
Previous

Return to L, R and S