Essential Haulers

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:26 pm

Essential Haulers

This morning, I took a ride into town to pick up some Timothy hay, at the local feedbarn (We have a good supply of lush pasture, right now - for the cows- but, ran low on the supplimentary green hay, for our goats). An older gentleman pulled up in his 58 Mini station wagon. He's been using it to haul chicken feed for years. Thought it was a great moment to document with a photograph.
Attachments
IMG-20200409-WA0001~3.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:56 pm

Re: Essential Haulers

That is a real picture of a real vehicles doing really valuable work. I like.

I wish I had taken a few pictures of my R120 and trailer hauling stuffed animals from a taxidermist to a church. Someone recommended me to do this, for free. I obliged. A local roving TV reporter chased me down and took pictures for the evening news.
I have to admit, it must have looked a little strange to see 50 year old IHC with smaller stuffed animal's in the box and a couple of stuffed moose following on a trailer. I had lots of passing persons give me grief for killing nature. :t2102: :moon1:
I don't know what the church was going to do with the stuffed animals, I don't go to any church.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:29 pm

pkfj wrote:This morning, I took a ride into town to pick up some Timothy hay, at the local feedbarn (We have a good supply of lush pasture, right now - for the cows- but, ran low on the supplimentary green hay, for our goats). An older gentleman pulled up in his 58 Mini station wagon. He's been using it to haul chicken feed for years. Thought it was a great moment to document with a photograph.

Nice photo..

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:56 pm

An older gentleman pulled up in his 58 Mini station wagon.
1958 make? i can't tell by looking.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:17 pm

It's a Morris Minor Traveller. Motors were BMC A-Series and increased over the year from the 948cc also used in Sprites to 1100cc, but a larger 1275cc appeared in 1967 and were often transplanted into older Minors. Cab is steel, wagon is aluminum/wood. Dime a dozen for decades, but now super collectible.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:35 pm

Thank you. Morris Minor Traveller, that's what it is. It was well travelled and enjoyed, for sure. The owner told me, that the wood needed work; but, it was a reliable daily driver. It just really had an authentic appearance, just like its owner.

Return to L, R and S