Anywhere to get a headliner? R112

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:35 am

Re: Anywhere to get a headliner? R112

I agree with the guys using a paper pattern, I did mine in the early 90s. I picked up some panel board from a poster shop, it's thin and more dense form of cardboard. My 2cents.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:47 am

Thanks for the info. Seems to be a pretty common issue. I will get a piece of board somewhere and cut my own out.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:36 am

Always enjoyable for us HOBBYISTS to be put down by a know it all professional mechanic/machinist who cannot seem to stop bragging about his projects. Stickman 207

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:46 am

stickman207 wrote:Always enjoyable for us HOBBYISTS to be put down by a know it all professional mechanic/machinist who cannot seem to stop bragging about his projects. Stickman 207

Yeah I bit my tongue with my reply. It’s been suggested multiple times I consider selling my truck. Ridiculous. We don’t all come out of the womb knowing how to do this stuff. I’m an accountant/CPA. Not a mechanic or a welder or an upholster or a body man but with a little help I will give it all a try. And forums like this are supposed to be (and is) a good starting point for people like me that are new to it.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:26 pm

nrowles wrote:
stickman207 wrote:Always enjoyable for us HOBBYISTS to be put down by a know it all professional mechanic/machinist who cannot seem to stop bragging about his projects. Stickman 207

Yeah I bit my tongue with my reply. It’s been suggested multiple times I consider selling my truck. Ridiculous. We don’t all come out of the womb knowing how to do this stuff. I’m an accountant/CPA. Not a mechanic or a welder or an upholster or a body man but with a little help I will give it all a try. And forums like this are supposed to be (and is) a good starting point for people like me that are new to it.

I don't know who the stickman is referring to, and don't pay it much mind. It seems like you got a handle on it with all the work you have accomplished so far. Keep at it you will get it done. I try to help people here and thought that was what this site was all about. BTW, hows the engine rebuild going?

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:47 pm

I should be hearing from him soon. He said January is when he dives into his rebuilds before the racing season starts. He is near a drag strip and does a good bit of work on those cars.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:17 pm

Years ago I made my door panels out of interior house paneling. It worked for awhile but they need to be replaced again. I know he is a bit of a crank and was way off base with his comment, but using ABS sheeting would probably be the best solution to making interior panels that will look good and hold up for a long time. I looked up ABS on google and Amazon sells it in different sized sheets.
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:57 pm

The monster retreats to higher ground and raises the drawbridge, after leaving the swamp dwellers to themselves. It will not take long for the bites on the hand that tried to feed the swamp persons to heal. The bite marks will remain as a reminder. Then there was silence after the distant whining fades and sinks back into the swamp..
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Most material will work flat. I would like to see a finished roof headliner in a--L_R_S--- ABS plastic .125 with compound bends / angles /etc.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:27 pm

Say what?- Stickman 207
PreviousNext

Return to L, R and S