Running boards 1956 S112

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:01 am

Running boards 1956 S112

My 1956 S112 had the running boards hacked off by early owner, Does anyone have dimensions? I'm going to have to fab running boards skirts and brackets :< Thanks in advance this forum is awesome.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:15 pm

Re: Running boards 1956 S112

Just stumbled across your post..................I had the same issue. I made my own by having a company fabricate them from simple hand-drawings of my own dimensions. Simple flat surface with the outer edge rolled downward with a 1-inch radius, using (if I remember correctly) 18 gauge steel. I bought a little extra material to use for blending them in with the fenders and bed and cab. Used a simple sabre saw with a fine-toothed blade to cut it (make sure you get the blade that cuts on the up-stroke, as they do sell both kinds). After the paint dried, I used that 3-inch wide anti-slip self adhesive tape for safety------you can buy it from McMaster Carr (mcmaster.com), probably from Grainger or other suppliers, also.
Doesn't give you the original appearance, but if you take your time, it doesn't look too bad.

Good luck !!!

Return to L, R and S