Parts Search - R112

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:21 pm

Parts Search - R112

I'm having trouble finding some parts. Can you give me some part numbers or leads on getting these parts? I took a box of these parts into my local non-chain parts store and they were literally ZERO help and didn't even want to try and help. Parts weren't in their computer so they said there was nothing they could do for me. :roll:

Parking Brake Shoes - I have the T98 with the parking brake attached to the back of the tranny. I would like to put new brake shoes in if I can.

Clutch Kit - You guys had already mentioned sending the clutch out to be rebuilt but if there is a new clutch kit out there that will work I would like to do that.

Shocks - Front and Rear

Rear Motor Mounts - Fronts I'm good to go but the rears are U shaped and cradle over the cross member.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:49 pm

Re: Parts Search - R112

Most people pull the E brake band off and have it re-lined, don't think I've seen a ready made replacement for sale. Any medium/heavy truck supply place should be able to help or direct you to someone who can re-line.
If you are really up for a challenge, you can buy bulk lining and re-line it your self.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:59 pm

Fleet Pride inc in Portland Or. relined my park brake bands.
Restoration Specialties has the rear mounts and probably any other rubber parts you may need.
Dennis

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:32 am

Surge Clutch and drive line
South Holland Illinois
708-331-1352
They provided me with a brand new friction disc for my 56. Very knowledgeable and very helpful. They also rebuild and re-line clutch parts.

Outback Parts
509-483-9062
They sell polyurethane rear engine mounts.

The shocks are pretty generic, measure what you have, travel, etc. plus take an old one with you and any decent auto parts store should be able to help you.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:49 am

Shocks are Monroe # 31000.
My posts contain my own opinions...your mileage may vary, void where prohibited, objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:15 am

Great info guys. Thank you!

I was a bit frustrated with my local auto parts that they were not willing to even try and help. I can understand the clutch but like you said about the generic shocks I couldn't believe they had zero interest in trying to figure that out.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:40 am

I will say more and more auto parts stores take that sort of attitude. They make their money off the easy stuff and aren't willing to dig around and help a restorer or an enthusiast out. I'm lucky with my local store so I try to support them. When it comes to my newer stuff and I know I can get the parts a little cheaper at O'Reily's or Auto Zone I''ll buy them from my parts guy to say thanks and hopefully keep him in business. I've found auto parts stores in small towns and rural areas that have been in business for a very long time are the one's where a person will have the best chance of getting old time service.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:33 am

The parts thread is a great place to find part numbers and sources, pinned to the top of the LRS section-
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=264

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:48 am

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:32 pm

In my town, it’s a longtime in business speed shop/engine rebuilder that is willing to cross reference parts and has knowledge of “universal fit” parts. More likely, in most towns, the parts stores that have been in business for a long time and are Mom and Pop, non-chain affiliated, that are most likely to give that extra service to a customer. They really want to give the kind of service that the chain stores don’t offer because they’ve learned that’s the only way they can effectively compete. They don’t have the buying power to go head-to-head price wise. So if they can provide better service, they stand a better chance of getting a customer back in repeatedly.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.
Next

Return to L, R and S